Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Like I said, my brother paid +100 euro per ticket as a home fan for the clasico this season. I don't know all the prices but a spokesperson said these prices are no different from what non-members are charged, so it has nothing to do with your fans.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-cha...r-manchester-united-visit-in-champions-league

If Utd cares so much about their own fans, maybe they can drop their season ticket prices next season. Good on them for what they're doing, but this also smells like a bit of clever PR.

Basically Utd fans were asking Barcelona to treat them the same way as they treat their own season ticket holders.

Of course it's PR. If they really cared that much they'd subsidise their fans without charging Barca fans more.

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
United fans werent asking for anything. United just making sure the away fans arent getting screwed. You honestly think it is right that clubs are charging £120 for 1 game? Football is a working class sport ffs. More than a club those self righteous campaigners say. Always been a load of bullshit.

It's a lot of money, but that's the entertainment industry nowadays. Barcelona seems to reward its members and can ask anything they want to non-members really. It's just supply and demand. As for the clasico, the cheapest tickets for non-members were 150 euro, and you'd be lucky to get one of those. Barcelona-Utd is a massive game. Barcelona is just asking market prices.

I read about Sevilla and Valencia. I don't approve of it but I understand it. They're businesses that need to make money. If tickets are too expensive, just don't go. I bet they'll be cheaper again next time.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
It's a lot of money, but that's the entertainment industry nowadays. Barcelona seems to reward its members and can ask anything they want to non-members really. It's just supply and demand. As for the clasico, the cheapest tickets for non-members were 150 euro, and you'd be lucky to get one of those. Barcelona-Utd is a massive game. Barcelona is just asking market prices.

I read about Sevilla and Valencia. I don't approve of it but I understand it. They're businesses that need to make money. If tickets are too expensive, just don't go. I bet they'll be cheaper again next time.
Easy for you to say. Maybe you should look into the history of most clubs and where there supporter bases originate from. Just because Barca can sell tickets at stupid prices for 150 euros does not make it right. You should speak to regular matchgoers and see how they feel about it. moomba has alluded to it on here. So many die hards are getting priced out of the game. Just because a lot of us are fortunate enough to be able to afford it does not make it right.

You realise that as a percentage of total revenue, matchday revenue is not a lot.

Supply and demand. Barcas average attendance is 22k less than capacity.

Seems that you think its ok for clubs to charge market prices when it suits them. Plenty of clubs sell out most games if not all and dont * over all non members.

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Easy for you to say. Maybe you should look into the history of most clubs and where there supporter bases originate from. Just because Barca can sell tickets at stupid prices for 150 euros does not make it right. You should speak to regular matchgoers and see how they feel about it. moomba has alluded to it on here. So many die hards are getting priced out of the game. Just because a lot of us are fortunate enough to be able to afford it does not make it right.

Are you assuming I don't know what it's like to go to games? Anyway, that's irrelevant here. I or any other fan don't have a god given right to go to games at whatever price we think is right for us. Clubs are free to look after their own loyal fans, but are not obliged to anything, and definitely not to please fans who visit once every 10 years.

How's the atmosphere at Old Trafford nowadays? Is it filled with your loudest and most passionate fans? I know Utd does some concessions but does that solve everything? I bet they can do more if they really cared about all of their fans. What's affordable for some will still be too expensive for others. There is no line you can draw that says "this is a fair price for fans".

Bojan KantKick said:
You realise that as a percentage of total revenue, matchday revenue is not a lot.

Supply and demand. Barcas average attendance is 22k less than capacity.

Seems that you think its ok for clubs to charge market prices when it suits them. Plenty of clubs sell out most games if not all and dont **** over all non members.

Of course they can charge what they want. They're businesses. Worldwide, by far the most clubs don't sell out their games. Who are those plenty of clubs? As far as I know, clubs charging more for away fans or tourists is pretty standard practice.

Barcelona's annual match day revenue is almost equal to their income from tv rights. I wouldn't say that's not a lot. And Barcelona's average attendance being below capacity has nothing to do with their matches against Real or Utd, so yes, those ticket prices are a simple consequence of supply and demand. The away section for the game has been sold out already, so clearly enough people were willing to pay that money.

The best thing fans can do to put pressure on clubs to drop prices is to simply not go. Otherwise, what I think about prices is not important. Sure, I've gone to games, concerts and festivals while thinking tickets were really expensive. But I went. And I've also decided to not go.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Correct. A nation can theoretically have 5 CL teams. It would take a miracle of Lazarus like proportions for Spurs to finish 4th and miss CL qualification next season. The rules changed after Chelsea won the CL in 2013 (or rather Bayern Munich bottled it on their own deck) after finishing out of the CL spots, relegating Spurs to the Europa League, despite Spurs finishing 4th.

Basically for Spurs to miss out after finishing 4th, either Liverpool or City would have to completely fall over and miss the top 4 in the League WHILST ALSO winning the CL AND either Chelsea or Arsenal win the Europa from outside the top 4.

Or

Spurs finish 4th, United win the CL AND finish outside the top 4 AND either Chelsea or Arsenal finish 3rd AND the the other one wins the Europa whilst finishing outside the top 4 (assuming Liverpool and City finish top 2).

Assuming a 4th place finish for Spurs, it is a virtual mathematical impossibility for them to not play CL next season.
Until Utd are knocked out of the Champs league, this is a live possibility for me. Very conceivable that Chelsea and Utd are the two that miss the top 4. Chelsea are favs for the Europa league so that’s that one. Then if United get some PSG style luck it’s not inconceivable. As it stands the bookies have it at about 60-1

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Until Utd are knocked out of the Champs league, this is a live possibility for me. Very conceivable that Chelsea and Utd are the two that miss the top 4. Chelsea are favs for the Europa league so that’s that one. Then if United get some PSG style luck it’s not inconceivable. As it stands the bookies have it at about 60-1

We've started to go all Spursy again.....I am very nervous. We need to start winning games immediately.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Tottenham 1 - 2 Man City
Liverpool 3 - 0 Porto
Ajax 0 - 2 Juventus
Man United 1 - 3 Barcelona

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Dele is nothing but a cheap diver. If he played football he might become something other than an average player.
******* LOL. 10 times the footballer of any Everton player. And he's been very good here too.

As for the pen, I don't like those types of hand balls given, but I can see why they are, and I expect there will be a lot more of them as VAR becomes more ubiquitous.

Back