UEFA Champions League 2018/19 (Semi Finals)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
probably Rose as well for his hand in the face of Dinho
This was actually not a foul but I've seen them as fouls before, Rose has the ball and the hand behind him catches Dinho. It should have been a foul but I dont think I've ever seen someone dribbling the ball who puts a hand out behind him ever given a card

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
This was actually not a foul but I've seen them as fouls before, Rose has the ball and the hand behind him catches Dinho. It should have been a foul but I dont think I've ever seen someone dribbling the ball who puts a hand out behind him ever given a card
Not a foul? Come on.

Magma

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
it's actually quite cute your love for one of your own players that you actually might think that wasn't deliberate
oh well, maybe he remembered kane trying to break sterling's leg. maybe dinho just has to say there was no malice, like poch said after kane and alli tried to snap legs.

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Sorry, read your post wrong. it wasn't given as a foul at the time.
that's a foul but no card

happens to lamela at least once every 2-3 games and he goes arm/elbow more than hand which is makes it look worse and more likely to get a card for than a hand in does (rightly or wrongly)

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
that's a foul but no card

happens to lamela at least once every 2-3 games and he goes arm/elbow more than hand which is makes it look worse and more likely to get a card for than a hand in does (rightly or wrongly)
Yellow card for me, but contact above the shoulders has always been a sending off offence.

Would have been his second yellow, but the first was ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kangaspurs

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
it's hardly boxing though, it's a nudge from his elbow while he's not looking at him.

if he hit him with any sort of force, sure. but it's barely a glancing blow which kane didnt even react to.
He did react though. He stood up and shoved him off.

AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
Kane doing a Gazza injuring himself trying to take a player out.
A tad strong I think.
Having seen it a few times there’s no question his intention was challenging for the ball.

He was late and there was a coming together resulting in his injury. Had there been malicious intent he would have absolutely clattered Delph and copped at best a yellow for his troubles. I don’t think he was trying to take him out per se

Last edited:

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Agree with Moomba that giving Fernandinho a red would have been harsh. It certainly could have been though, a lot of refs would give it. Bit like Beckham against Simeone in ‘98, a nothing tap but it’s still technically striking an opponent

jod23

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Markovic says hi.

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
A tad strong I think.
Having seen it a few times there’s no question his intention was challenging for the ball.

He was late and there was a coming together resulting in his injury. Had there been malicious intent he would have absolutely clattered Delph and copped at best a yellow for his troubles. I don’t think he was trying to take him out per se
I think he was trying to leave one on him.

Not particularly malicious, but he was never going to get the ball so why not let him.know you're there.

AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
I think he was trying to leave one on him.

Not particularly malicious, but he was never going to get the ball so why not let him.know you're there.
I certainly don’t see it that way from watching the man weekly. Not that sort of player.

That said we must question a man who thinks an elbow to the head was soft ;)

Top Bottom