Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
I can’t believe the commentary around the Llorente goal... how in what way is it handball? Arm against body and the slightest touch made no impact on direction of the ball and game of his hip after?

I can’t believe the commentary around the Llorente goal... how in what way is it handball? Arm against body and the slightest touch made no impact on direction of the ball and game of his hip after?

Rule changes next season, but as of now there is no way that should even have been reviewed.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

The reverse angle wasn't used by VAR but it was a handball offence, player tried to head it and it hit his arm.

The VAR replay didnt hace that angle available though and made the correct call based on the replay at hand.

So the same as when a player scores, and commentators don't notice the flag is up?

Guess correct ref calls are a bit of a buzzkill.
Doesn't really have anything to do with a call being correct or not (I haven't seen it so don't know).

Just that I thought we were through, had that high for a good 30 seconds, and then we were out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't really have anything to do with a call being correct or not (I haven't seen it so don't know).

Just that I thought we were through, had that high for a good 30 seconds, and then we were out.

Which is why I asked if you were complaining about VAR. Seems like you aren't, so no problem. Sucks when calls go against you.

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
The reverse angle wasn't used by VAR but it was a handball offence, player tried to head it and it hit his arm.

The VAR replay didnt hace that angle available though and made the correct call based on the replay at hand.

I didn’t see any impact from the arm on what the ball did and it was close to his body, but I also have not grown up with the game and have only watched regularly for 6-7 years, so maybe my radar is off

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Which is why I asked if you were complaining about VAR. Seems like you aren't, so no problem. Sucks when calls go against you.
If I had a problem with the decision I probably would have said so.

I'm.not a fan of VAR, but now isn't the time or place.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I didn’t see any impact from the arm on what the ball did and it was close to his body, but I also have not grown up with the game and have only watched regularly for 6-7 years, so maybe my radar is off

There's a reverse angle showing it clearly hitting his elbow but that angle wasn't available to VAR.

Back