UEFA Champions League 2018/19 (Semi Finals)

apollo_creed

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man Utd, Chelsea, Villa
Messi quietly with 2 goals and 2 assists. Still, 5-1 is harsh on Lyon who were still in the tie 15 mins from the end, although their goal could've easily been disallowed for 2 fouls in the lead up.

City and Liverpool favourites for me, with Barcelona and Juve outsiders. Not ruling out Utd either.

I thought Utd held on quite comfortably. That was Barcelona just before they let Rijkaard and Ronaldinho go. Messi was injured too, although I think he came on late. They had a lot of the ball that night but no real chances.
Two fouls in the lead up to their goal lol. No there wasn’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RPCB

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
5 likes for this post & I will make my profile pic a photo of Steven Gerrard for a week if Liverpool or Man City draw Porto
That’s the first like. If it happens make sure your picture is when Slippy G slipped so I don’t feel like throwing up for an entire week.

Papermate

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, New England, Stanford
Would love to draw Juventus. Would love to eliminate Ronaldo from the competition just to get away from his constant valorisation.

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
3 English sides spank 3 German sides. All of whom have taken English academy trained players (inc. Bentaleb) and put them into the first team.

Uefa love a story to their fixturing so I’m expecting the following

City v Porto - the 3rd parties tie
Utd v Liverpool - the biggest rivalry in England
Spurs v Juve - the rematch
Ajax v Barca - the cruffy tie again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bok_party

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Dont know about that. Both league games were really close. I think if we draw City it will be a really tight affair decided by moments of real quality.
I’m not saying it won’t be tight games but I remember last season, Liverpool really making fools of city but this year it feels like the other way.

jod23

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Obvs want Ajax or Porto. Will probably get Barca or City.

I least want United. Even though I think were better than them and should win the tie, the games become too big, everyone becomes to nervous cos neither team wants to lose.

AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
Kaiser didn’t disappoint. Thanks buddy.

2/7 chance of drawing Porto/Ajax
2/7 chance of Barca/Juve
3/7 chance of English rival.

Gonna be tough but should be at WHL so that’s a positive at least

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, Liverpool, Victory
Ajax could be the dark horse here. Very exciting young team full of hungry footballers. Probably their last chance together before the nucleus of the side is sold. I may be in the minority but I wouldn't mind avoiding them in the quarter finals.

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
3 English sides spank 3 German sides. All of whom have taken English academy trained players (inc. Bentaleb) and put them into the first team.

Chaisa

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
Would be cool if you had all four English teams in the semis, has that happened for a nation before?
England did 3/4 three years in a row from 07 to 09, I think that’s the closest?

07-08 no English club were knocked out by a foreign club.

mike123

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ronaldo's herculean efforts aside I think the rest of the team is a bit here and there.

Juve is my 'cl team' now though on account of my countryman, Pjanic :D
I understand anyone having reservations about Juve as we’ve been average all year and that was the first complete performance but I think thats disrespectful to everyone else who played and worked their buts off to allow Ronaldo to have those chances.

Top Bottom