UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Great result for Spurs but still want City to get through. More games if they do, more likely to drop points in the league.

The elbow was not heavy contact but it's still not on and probably should have seen red.

VAR is all over the shop. Reviewed all kinds of random s**t in our game. I thought it was only coming in to do major calls. Instead it's microanalying every single moment in every game.

It's a worry.
VAR is awful, and going to be worse in the premier League where final decisions will be made by some random bent twat in the video booth instead of the ref.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
VAR is awful, and going to be worse in the premier League where final decisions will be made by some random bent twat in the video booth instead of the ref.
Yeah I'm really not a fan of it at all.

Last night TAA and Allison had a coming together. Allison knocks it out of play and almost crashes into TAA at the same time. TAA is attacking the ball to try to kill it also and sort of puts up his arms to protect himself as the big keeper comes in. Allison put it out of play but I touched TAAs arm as it goes out.

Then VAR starts going and I'm like surely not. Nerve racking as it's never ever a penalty. Thank God VAR saw it that way too but it's gonna completely change the game, even with how players play the game.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC

Last night TAA and Allison had a coming together. Allison knocks it out of play and almost crashes into TAA at the same time. TAA is attacking the ball to try to kill it also and sort of puts up his arms to protect himself as the big keeper comes in. Allison put it out of play but I touched TAAs arm as it goes out.

Then VAR starts going and I'm like surely not. Nerve racking as it's never ever a penalty. Thank God VAR saw it that way too but it's gonna completely change the game, even with how players play the game.
Yeah, saw people on the twittersphere saying that should have been handball. Absolute nonsense. Correct decision to not award it.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
then it's a bit pointless to barely hit him. the fall to the floor probably hurt more.
have you seen boxers go for headbutts or low blows?

it's not going to be a KO blow but they try and hit one subtlety with an illegal move to piss an opponent off and get some sort of retaliation just like Fernandinho has with his forearm this morning

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Even more reason to not keep looking at the pair as he'd already paid the foul. The arm to the head was after it happened and he might not have been focusing in on them considering he'd already blown the whistle
Where else is he going to look? The moon?

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
have you seen boxers go for headbutts or low blows?

it's not going to be a KO blow but they try and hit one subtlety with an illegal move to piss an opponent off and get some sort of retaliation just like Fernandinho has with his forearm this morning
it's hardly boxing though, it's a nudge from his elbow while he's not looking at him.

if he hit him with any sort of force, sure. but it's barely a glancing blow which kane didnt even react to.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
it's hardly boxing though, it's a nudge from his elbow while he's not looking at him.

if he hit him with any sort of force, sure. but it's barely a glancing blow which kane didnt even react to.
a slight low blow/headbuutt in boxing is called up as is an elbow in mma

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Knockout away leg games. Klopp is batting 100% this year atm...
Knockouts though. Not the group stages. Knockouts, Klopp is played 1, Won 1.

I understand it was knockout games but Liverpool have only played 1 so hardly a big sample.

This is the last 4 champions league seasons and how many times the away team has won a knockout game;

2014/15 7 of 28
2015/16 6 of 28
2016/17 7 of 28
2017/18 11 of 28

Away teams only win 27.6% of their knockout games. So Pep winning 23% is not massively below average. I was going to say he has had above average teams but all CL knock out teams are above average.

This year is 7 of 18 so far.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Yeah, saw people on the twittersphere saying that should have been handball. Absolute nonsense. Correct decision to not award it.

So VAR worked? I love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
MMA, UFC and boxing.

Christ, Dinho should be on a register somewhere.
Like I said earlier it wasn't thuggery it's just dirty and illegal at all and only deserves a red and whatever ban that comes with. But at the end of the day it's an illegal elbow/arm to the head which as pointed out isn't legal in mixed martial arts and a competent football ref also wouldn't allow it.

One of the big reasons he is a great DM is because he has the dirty stuff in his locker and more often than not gets away with it. It's one of those ones where if it was my player who did it I'd be all for him pushing the boundaries, I'd celebrate it when he gets away with it but I'd also accept the reds when they came too. For sneaky dirty incidents you're always going to get away with more than you get pulled up on

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
sure, but i reckon it could be just a bit harsh to send someone off for contact that isnt even reacted to.
he is trying to get a reaction out of him why's the card decision based around a player keeping his head?

if he did it to Dele and Dele reacts with a headbutt (which is what I'm thinking Dinho wants from Kane or at the very least a scuffle to get Kane a yellow) you'd think Dinho is more worthy of a red card?

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
he is trying to get a reaction out of him why's the card decision based around a player keeping his head?

if he did it to Dele and Dele reacts with a headbutt (which is what I'm thinking Dinho wants from Kane or at the very least a scuffle to get Kane a yellow) you'd think Dinho is more worthy of a red card?

and if you equally take the side of it was incidental contact then you're sending off someone for an accident that hasnt even caused a reaction.

it's hardly balotelli stamping on parker's face

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
and if you equally take the side of it was incidental contact then you're sending off someone for an accident that hasnt even caused a reaction.

it's hardly balotelli stamping on parker's face
incidental contact lol come on now

i think faith has hacked magma's account

If we're sending Dinho off for that, Kane should go as well for throwing the elbow in retaliation, probably Rose as well for his hand in the face of Dinho.

Personally think the ref made the right call on all three.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
probably Rose as well for his hand in the face of Dinho
This was actually not a foul but I've seen them as fouls before, Rose has the ball and the hand behind him catches Dinho. It should have been a foul but I dont think I've ever seen someone dribbling the ball who puts a hand out behind him ever given a card

This was actually not a foul but I've seen them as fouls before, Rose has the ball and the hand behind him catches Dinho. It should have been a foul but I dont think I've ever seen someone dribbling the ball who puts a hand out behind him ever given a card
Not a foul? Come on.

893331ae3b4b299af5378a6e6a7df1a6.jpg

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
it's actually quite cute your love for one of your own players that you actually might think that wasn't deliberate
oh well, maybe he remembered kane trying to break sterling's leg. maybe dinho just has to say there was no malice, like poch said after kane and alli tried to snap legs.

Back