• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a foul? Come on.

893331ae3b4b299af5378a6e6a7df1a6.jpg
I said it should have been a foul.

But correct me if I'm wrong it wasn't paid last night was it?

I said it should have been a foul.

But correct me if I'm wrong it wasn't paid last night was it?
Sorry, read your post wrong. it wasn't given as a foul at the time.

Sorry, read your post wrong. it wasn't given as a foul at the time.
that's a foul but no card

happens to lamela at least once every 2-3 games and he goes arm/elbow more than hand which is makes it look worse and more likely to get a card for than a hand in does (rightly or wrongly)

that's a foul but no card

happens to lamela at least once every 2-3 games and he goes arm/elbow more than hand which is makes it look worse and more likely to get a card for than a hand in does (rightly or wrongly)
Yellow card for me, but contact above the shoulders has always been a sending off offence.

Would have been his second yellow, but the first was ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's hardly boxing though, it's a nudge from his elbow while he's not looking at him.

if he hit him with any sort of force, sure. but it's barely a glancing blow which kane didnt even react to.
He did react though. He stood up and shoved him off.

Kane doing a Gazza injuring himself trying to take a player out.
A tad strong I think.
Having seen it a few times there’s no question his intention was challenging for the ball.

He was late and there was a coming together resulting in his injury. Had there been malicious intent he would have absolutely clattered Delph and copped at best a yellow for his troubles. I don’t think he was trying to take him out per se

Last edited:
Agree with Moomba that giving Fernandinho a red would have been harsh. It certainly could have been though, a lot of refs would give it. Bit like Beckham against Simeone in ‘98, a nothing tap but it’s still technically striking an opponent

A tad strong I think.
Having seen it a few times there’s no question his intention was challenging for the ball.

He was late and there was a coming together resulting in his injury. Had there been malicious intent he would have absolutely clattered Delph and copped at best a yellow for his troubles. I don’t think he was trying to take him out per se
I think he was trying to leave one on him.

Not particularly malicious, but he was never going to get the ball so why not let him.know you're there.

I think he was trying to leave one on him.

Not particularly malicious, but he was never going to get the ball so why not let him.know you're there.
I certainly don’t see it that way from watching the man weekly. Not that sort of player.

That said we must question a man who thinks an elbow to the head was soft ;)

Ha ha, an actual quote from Pocchetino referring to Delph.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...f-a4113686.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Saint Harry can do no wrong.
Did you read the whole article? He absolves Delph from any blame ffs

“I think both were fighting for the ball with no intention to damage each other. Harry wanted to talk with him but he was so aggressive, maybe was upset or was painful from the action. It was very friendly the conversation, no problem between us.”

Did you read the whole article? He absolves Delph from any blame ffs

“I think both were fighting for the ball with no intention to damage each other. Harry wanted to talk with him but he was so aggressive, maybe was upset or was painful from the action. It was very friendly the conversation, no problem between us.”
I did read it. He doesn't need absolving of blame for Kane coming in late on him, and injuring himself in the process.

Suggesting he was lucky because it might technically be a red was laughable, hence why I quoted that bit and said ha ha.

Back