UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
I'd be fascinated to see the numbers for the cost of Celtic and/or Rangers joining the English FA and having to work up through the divisions. They just seem stuck in their own little cycle that ultimately means being unable to attract a higher quality of players.

Both have a Premier League sized fan-base & home-grounds, but are likely Championship grade quality.....The Scottish game has regressed appallingly since the late 70's.

I'd be fascinated to see the numbers for the cost of Celtic and/or Rangers joining the English FA and having to work up through the divisions. They just seem stuck in their own little cycle that ultimately means being unable to attract a higher quality of players.
Always thought they should set up a side from scratch, work their way through the English leagues and when they get to championship level make that the main priority.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

If Celtic ever got their hands on EPL money then they'd be a force in English football.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
If they could travel back in time and somehow join the English leagues they would. Not going to happen now.

If they could travel back in time and somehow join the English leagues they would. Not going to happen now.
They should just go for it. They'd be great assets to have for the league.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
They should just go for it. They'd be great assets to have for the league.

It'd be great for Celtic and Rangers... and not really anyone else. English clubs would oppose eventually getting bumped 2 spots down. SPFL and SFA would oppose it. UEFA would oppose it.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Screenshot_20190829-143237_Samsung Internet.jpg

The problem has always been that there are only 2 sides in Scotland that are any good. The fact that the last 10 years Rangers have been recovering from financial problems has hurt them. If they both have good Europa campaigns, it could lift Scotland’s coefficient into 2 CL spots. Not holding my breath though.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
I’m intrigued when inter were the first team pulled out of the 3rd pot, why they were ineligible to go in pot B with Bayern and Spurs?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Both have a Premier League sized fan-base & home-grounds, but are likely Championship grade quality.....The Scottish game has regressed appallingly since the late 70's.

Most of the “big” English clubs would be the same without the TV money.

Celtic or Rangers would have huge potential if they ever joined.

You could see Celtic being bought by someone with big backing if they ever joined, they have a huge global fanbase.

Back