UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

People will always skew comparisons in their favour.

Why not compare him to a 22 year old R9? Or Romario? Suddenly he will look laughable.

I don't think Tammy is crap, but I don't think he's amazing either. He's solid backup. Will he get better? We will see.

Or they'll make comparisons to the general populace of good players, not the freaks..

Sure, but the general theme of that is that just because he had a poor second half of the season, it doesn't mean he won't turn out to be very good.
He had a poor season when you take out that 3 game burst when he scored 7 and everyone thought he was a god. Since then he's been Championship at best.

People will always skew comparisons in their favour.

Why not compare him to a 22 year old R9? Or Romario? Suddenly he will look laughable.

I don't think Tammy is crap, but I don't think he's amazing either. He's solid backup. Will he get better? We will see.
Yeah I didnt get the comparisons. It was just controlling the narrative. Why not compare him to a 22 year old Owen, Fowler, Rooney? Well because that doesnt suit the narrative does it.

Apparently the excuse was that Owen has pace so doesnt count. Err.. yeah ok.

Yeah I didnt get the comparisons. It was just controlling the narrative. Why not compare him to a 22 year old Owen, Fowler, Rooney? Well because that doesnt suit the narrative does it.

Apparently the excuse was that Owen has pace so doesnt count. Err.. yeah ok.

Because no one is saying that hes some generational talent coming through. Cmon no one has said that.

Just that hes not crap and when compared to similar aged strikers he is progressing alright.

No one is saying hes some WC striker, just as a young 22 year old striker hes had a decent first full season with us and theres something to work with.

Because no one is saying that hes some generational talent coming through. Cmon no one has said that.

Just that hes not crap and when compared to similar aged strikers he is progressing alright.

No one is saying hes some WC striker, just as a young 22 year old striker hes had a decent first full season with us and theres something to work with.
Oh I totally agree with that.

What I didnt agree with was the narrative that was being shown about other top strikers at that age. That was just dumb.

But I absolutely agree he had a pretty decent season, he's young, plenty to work with there, less pressure next season on him too as Werner will take the mantle as your top striker which can free him up to just play his best football. A pretty decent second or third option for you guys who could kick on and become really good, or could stay about where he is which would be ok too.

IIRC Ian Wright was playing non league football at 21/22.

It really is a pointless exercise comparing footballs at similar ages and expecting development paths will follow suit.

For me Abraham has a lot of talent but probably won't make it at Chelsea.

Last edited:
It really is a pointless exercise comparing footballs at similar ages and expecting development paths will follow suit.
This wasn't the point of the exercise though.

It was to say that we shouldn't write him off yet because he still may turn out to be a high quality striker, given the paths of those other high quality strikers.

This wasn't the point of the exercise though.

It was to say that we shouldn't write him off yet because he still may turn out to be a high quality striker, given the paths of those other high quality strikers.
Or he could go the way of Benteke who scored slightly more at Villa as a 22 year old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back