UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s just not right. Artificial

Anyway should Klosterman have been sent off for the penalty foul on Felix? Well taken pen but big ask of a 20 yo sub.

Other than being named for an energy drink I don't see the problem.
Although legal some or their moves have possibly been outside spirit of the way league is set up in regards to rules around ownership and corporate logos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was nothing in it too.

The goalie clearly tripped Saul, so according to the letter of the law, it was a penalty. However, this just shows that not all fouls inside the box are equal and a penalty kick for a goalie, possibly accidentally, tripping a player who is running away from goal, seems too harsh. In this case, ignoring the foul lead to the fairer outcome, but the most fair decision would've been a free kick to Atletico - a decision that can't be made. Saul was never going to score from there, but he was prevented from getting to the ball inside the area, without falling over.

The goalie clearly tripped Saul, so according to the letter of the law, it was a penalty. However, this just shows that not all fouls inside the box are equal and a penalty kick for a goalie, possibly accidentally, tripping a player who is running away from goal, seems too harsh. In this case, ignoring the foul lead to the fairer outcome, but the most fair decision would've been a free kick to Atletico - a decision that can't be made. Saul was never going to score from there, but he was prevented from getting to the ball inside the area, without falling over.
He didn't trip him, Saul tripped himself deliberately

He didn't trip him, Saul tripped himself deliberately

Maybe you should watch again - it's early on in the 14th minute. The trip is clearly there. Saul can't even see the goalie, who clearly makes contact with Saul's left foot, causing that foot to connect with his right leg. I assume you've never been tripped before?

Maybe you should watch again - it's early on in the 14th minute. The trip is clearly there. Saul can't even see the goalie, who clearly makes contact with Saul's left foot, causing that foot to connect with his right leg. I assume you've never been tripped before?
I saw it live. Being clipped from behind doesn't make your leg swing across. He play acted and didn't get anything as deserved

I saw it live. Being clipped from behind doesn't make your leg swing across. He play acted and didn't get anything as deserved

Yeah well "I've seen it live" isn't doing you much of a favour here really. I've seen it live too, but then looked back afterwards, so I'd have an idea of what I'm talking about.

I've been clipped enough as a player myself to know that is exactly what happens. When you get clipped from behind, the contact comes as a complete surprise and you immediately lose your balance and it's likely that you trip yourself. You're at your most vulnerable when you haven't prepared for any contact and aren't expecting it. The short time between the contact and Saul tripping himself, as well as his movement, indicate contact. It's very clear. I don't believe he can fake something that looks so natural, knowing he's got his back to the goalie and has no idea when or even if there will be any contact. Just before the clip, he's looking to his right for players to pass to. It's absurd on all levels to think that's a dive.

Yeah well "I've seen it live" isn't doing you much of a favour here really. I've seen it live too, but then looked back afterwards, so I'd have an idea of what I'm talking about.

I've been clipped enough as a player myself to know that is exactly what happens. When you get clipped from behind, the contact comes as a complete surprise and you immediately lose your balance and it's likely that you trip yourself. You're at your most vulnerable when you haven't prepared for any contact and aren't expecting it. The short time between the contact and Saul tripping himself, as well as his movement, indicate contact. It's very clear. I don't believe he can fake something that looks so natural, knowing he's got his back to the goalie and has no idea when or even if there will be any contact. Just before the clip, he's looking to his right for players to pass to. It's absurd on all levels to think that's a dive.
Please. Stop. Look at the way he looks at the ref, before even falling. That's a sign of acting.

Atletico are about the most dishonest, w***er, diving team in Europe. I haven’t even seen the vision and I know it was a dive.

Glad that and Kompany La Liga teams are always right/screwed by refs viewpoint hasn’t changed.

What are you going on about? I said that not giving a penalty was a fairer decision than giving a penalty.

For the rest, I just described what happened - a clear trip that in an ideal world shouldn't be a penalty. Weird you feel the need to comment to something you didn't even see.

No, I don’t think I will actually. Enjoy your plastic football. I enjoy culture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plastic football is such a funny term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back