Remove this Banner Ad

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If we are to truly progress as a club he can't be a starter
Not good enough for a side with ambition. Should be at a Bournemouth or someone. He can’t compete against top players like this Bayern midfield have

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
All teams from the top 5 leagues. UEFA will be happy.
Has to be the least amount of countries in the round of 16 there has been? Usually we at least get a Shakhtar or Porto or Ajax in there.

Can VAR give free kicks and yellow cards? I thought it was just for reds only.
No it can't but it was an appalling decision by the ref, and when VAR just ignores a clear ref card offence you have to question the point of it as well.

Galaxie77

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Spezia Calcio.
Atalanta made it..... great stuff.
Good luck to Juventus and Napoli in the next round too.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
As per usual it is pretty much the richest 2 clubs from each group go through.

Arguable with Inter and Dortmund who is richer.

The "champions" league is just a european super league
Sadly that's the state of the sport and the direction UEFA want, which will and is killing the competitiveness of teams in other nations.

Love the rare exception when teams like Ajax and Monaco buck the trend and go on fairytale runs, but even then they just get gutted by the big boys at the next window.

No it can't bit it was an appalling decision by the ref, and when VAR just ignores a clear ref card offence you have to question the point of it as well.
I consider it orange card territory. Reminds me of Fellaini how he would escape with nothing, or a yellow heaps of times for his elbows.

I personally would have given a yellow card at minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I consider it orange card territory. Reminds me of Fellaini how he would escape with nothing, or a yellow heaps of times for his elbows.

I personally would have given a yellow card at minimum.

Yep, he only has eyes for the ball and his opponent moves into him. VAR would have 100 given the red card if he looked at his opponent and deliberately went for him. VAR was right to not get involved in this incident whether it was a red or a yellow card.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
That's not a VAR call, that is a referee call. And it could have gone either way. You don't hear Liverpool fans complaining about VAR conspiracies after Koulibally virtually rugby tackled Salah in MD5 and got away with it.
no only in games with martin atkinson reffing

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
With everyone fit he surely wouldn't get near your first XI. Still not a bad player to have in a squad. Sort of similar to Milner in that he can fill in for a number of roles.
He and Wanyama are our only 2 defensive midfielders. And he is actually a lot better than Wanyama!

That's not a VAR call, that is a referee call. And it could have gone either way. You don't hear Liverpool fans complaining about VAR conspiracies after Koulibally virtually rugby tackled Salah in MD5 and got away with it.

There's dozens of posts from Liverpool supporters complaining about that decision just on Big Footy.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
There's dozens of posts from Liverpool supporters complaining about that decision just on Big Footy.

Yeah their sure is. But those complaints weren't being turned into some anti- LFC conspiracy. I remember someone from another club claiming they could not remember a single subjective decision going their way in the CL. Can't remember who it was.

Yeah their sure is. But those complaints weren't being turned into some anti- LFC conspiracy. I remember someone from another club claiming they could not remember a single subjective decision going their way in the CL. Can't remember who it was.

I posted what imo was a clear red card offence, and said that it was an appalling decision by the ref and that if VAR is going to ignore offences like that then I struggle to see the point of VAR.

The only one talking about conspiracies is you.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Probabilities of each match-up.

lsTiN7Z.png

I'm not entirely certain why odds over 22% are blue and under 15% are red

Remove this Banner Ad

Back