UEFA Champions League 2019/20 (Round of 16)

Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Anything's possible but Liverpool's luck has been ridiculous this season and for once you'll be playing against a team in Europe who will actually defend and give you nothing on the counter. Your luck might've won you the Premier League this season but I reckon most neutrals are going to enjoy Atletico bouncing you out. Unless of course your ridiculous luck continues (which would surprise no one).

Unfortunately for Liverpool it will be the shit European VAR and not the Engligh
Lol the bitterness amongst opposition supporters the last two seasons is just delicious

kaiserchief13

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
It will all come down to form in late February. Current form and group stage performances have no factor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magma

Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
with how much pep hates madrid, i highly doubt we see the same limp dick display we did with pelle.

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I wouldn't pay much attention to them. Liverpool fans think they're German now or somehow have to be proponents of anything
related to Germany. Think some German nutjob manages them.
Lol I didn’t think of that, but yeah you’re right. Convenient also as I expect most scousers will be supporting germany in the Euros especially since they self-hate their own country

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyway my picks:
PSG (80% chance of progressing)
Man City (60%)
Atalanta (55%)
Liverpool (80%)
Bayern (70%)
Juve (90%)
Tottenham (60%)
Barca (90%)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wadistance

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Bookmarked for ridicule in mid February

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats - finally the net spend of the premier league actually equated to something.

Couldn’t care less about Bayern, I’m laughing at your 80% PSG rating

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Congrats - finally the net spend
of the premier league actually equated to something.

Couldn’t care less about Bayern, I’m laughing at your 80% PSG rating

Any chance to post this I’m gonna take it

1576583561841.jpeg

Sorry but PSG will flog Dortmund. They’re heavy favourites. Only so many times can they fu** this competition up

wadistance

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Any chance to post this I’m gonna take it

View attachment 795154

Sorry but PSG will flog Dortmund. They’re heavy favourites. Only so many times can they fu** this competition up
Well the away leg is on Neymars sisters birthday, so you can rule him out at least

im_a_lazy_sod

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton-EFFC-PGFC-Tranmere-Atalanta
Happy with getting Valencia. Was almost certain we'd get drawn against Liverpool

At least we have a chance of progressing now :)

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Pogba reckons Liverpool will steamroll Atletico. Not so sure myself.

Kompany

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The real red devils
Atletico are struggling for goals this season, averaging 1 per game in la liga, and they weren't exactly flying through their CL group either. They seem to be in a transition period, after having lost Griezmann, Lucas Hernandez and Rodri and having let go some of the old guard. Liverpool were in the last 2 finals and are rolling up the PL. Add the home advantage in the return game and it should be a major upset if they don't progress.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Atletico are struggling for goals this season, averaging 1 per game in la liga, and they weren't exactly flying through their CL group either. They seem to be in a transition period, after having lost Griezmann, Lucas Hernandez and Rodri and having let go some of the old guard. Liverpool were in the last 2 finals and are rolling up the PL. Add the home advantage in the return game and it should be a major upset if they don't progress.
My worry is Atletico's defensive record is good and we tend to let in a goal almost every game. So maybe it could end 2-1 or something.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
My worry is Atletico's defensive record is good and we tend to let in a goal almost every game. So maybe it could end 2-1 or something.
Interesting to see if they have a go in the first leg. Surely they won't just sit thrre with 10 behind the ball at home and wait for the counter.

Top Bottom