UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted what imo was a clear red card offence, and said that it was an appalling decision by the ref and that if VAR is going to ignore offences like that then I struggle to see the point of VAR.

The only one talking about conspiracies is you.

If you think a 50/50 decision is appalling then good for you.

VAR got this one right by not intervening. The player had eyes for the ball and was not trying to elbow your player. Was it reckless? Yes. There's a case to argue either way.

You would be right in saying it was a clear red if the opponent took a look at your player and deliberately connected with the elbow. I suspect VAR does step in in that scenario.

Probabilities of each match-up.

lsTiN7Z.png

I'm not entirely certain why odds over 22% are blue and under 15% are red
Blue most likely, red least likely?

Hopefully we get a Juve/Sarri matchup.

Phil Foden was amazing this morning for City. Always wanting the ball then trying to dribble past everyone. For City's first goal he got the ball in midfield and drove forward through 4 opposition players. In the middle of it 2 of the Zagreb players fouled him but also clattered each other. He got up off the ground and carried on his run to set up the goal. It was Maradona-esque! 92% pass success. 2 assists and a goal. Still only 19.

Difference between Dier and Milner is that Milner can do it at a high level whereas Dier is just a bit s**t.
I’ve got no time for Dier, but your post makes me want to defend him, because, you know it’s a bit s**t.

This is the arrogance I’m talking about. All you ever do is s**t on players of other teams whilst at the same time praising your own. That’s literally your posts every single day.

I’ve got no time for Dier, but your post makes me want to defend him, because, you know it’s a bit s**t.

This is the arrogance I’m talking about. All you ever do is s**t on players of other teams whilst at the same time praising your own. That’s literally your posts every single day.
Mate I'd literally chop off a limb to get Son to Liverpool. I praise him all the time. I freaking love him.

Dier though really is a bit s**t. And thats in context of the big six. He'd be a good olayer for lower division club. But for a top six club... he's a bit s**t.

And stop saying everything is arrogant just cos someone doesn't rate a player that plays for your team.

I rate plenty of Spurs players. Kane is a superstar. I just raved about Son. I'm gutted we ****ed up with Dele as he's a Liverpool fan.

Meazza Stadium in Milan will still have Champions League.. but not with AC Milan or Inter.
But with Atalanta. Ridiculous

Atalanta have already played all 3 home CL fixtures in the group stage at the San Siro. Their own stadium is being renovated and the stadium they’re using for home games this season is Parma’s stadium. The stadium capacity between Parma and Atalanta’s stadiums are roughly the same but I guess they wanted a bigger stadium to use and AC Milan weren’t playing CL football.

Speaking of Atalanta, how did they lose their first 3 games (including 4-0 and 5-1), draw their 4th game and still make the knockout stage? At least when Newcastle did it all those years ago, they lost their first 3 and won their last 3.

Pretty sure I read that it'll first the first time in 6 years he stadium hosts a knockout round game in the Champions League too

I remember growing up as a little kid in the mid 90s watching Serie A show 10.30 every Sunday. It had all the best stars and AC/Inter were always up at the top.

How times have changed.

I remember growing up as a little kid in the mid 90s watching Serie A show 10.30 every Sunday. It had all the best stars and AC/Inter were always up at the top.

How times have changed.

Tony Palumbo as an analyst. Great days watching the wrap up show on a Sunday morning and Serie A in general. Batistuta destroying AC Milan has stuck with me all these years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atalanta have already played all 3 home CL fixtures in the group stage at the San Siro. Their own stadium is being renovated and the stadium they’re using for home games this season is Parma’s stadium. The stadium capacity between Parma and Atalanta’s stadiums are roughly the same but I guess they wanted a bigger stadium to use and AC Milan weren’t playing CL football.

Speaking of Atalanta, how did they lose their first 3 games (including 4-0 and 5-1), draw their 4th game and still make the knockout stage? At least when Newcastle did it all those years ago, they lost their first 3 and won their last 3.

It's finished now, they are back playing in their own stadium for league games.

It's finished now, they are back playing in their own stadium for league games.

Of course I totally missed that fact. Kind of strange then that their home stadium was started being used again in the league but they were still using the San Siro in the CL.

7 points to qualify. Wow. Must be close to the lowest points tally ever to secure qualification from a CL group.

Atalanta are going to be really up against it no matter who their opponent is for the R of 16.

What do you usually post about Jordan Henderson again?

Better check on your kettle as your pot is calling it black.

Jod spends plenty of time praising players from all teams. Including Spurs players. Another ridiculous statement from you trying to incite an argument, it's all you seem to be doing lately.

Of course I totally missed that fact. Kind of strange then that their home stadium was started being used again in the league but they were still using the San Siro in the CL.
UEFA has a minimum policy for stadiums hosting games. Atalanta didn’t reach the criteria hence having played games at Meazza.
Weird circumstances.

What do you usually post about Jordan Henderson again?

Better check on your kettle as your pot is calling it black.

Jod spends plenty of time praising players from all teams. Including Spurs players. Another ridiculous statement from you trying to incite an argument, it's all you seem to be doing lately.
Jod spends most of his time picking holes in other teams which has been mentioned many times on these boards by various posters.

I tend to post about Henderson in regards to England. I don’t think he’s particularly good. He’s not fallen off a cliff the way Dier has though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back