UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Lo Celso needs to play nearly every week instead of Eriksen.
Anyone willing to dig in and put in a shift (not wanting out) needs to play

On the fence about our Belgian centre backs, but Eriksen, Aurier, Rose and Wanyama should not be given priority selection, we need to build around the rest who want to be there

Good to see Dier used at CB for example, he's not the greatest there, but he's ok at least and wants to be at the club. Foyth likewise at RB, needs games, still young, hopefully can grow into that role.

Would like to see more of Skipp and KWP though, bit hard for Parrott to get a game with Kane and Son around, so maybe a loan in January for him unless one of them two get injured?

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Spurs are a quality team, Id back Poch to turn things around, could go on another CL run. They should take what they can get for Eriksen in Jan and reinvest it in the squad.
Yeah I agree about Eriksen. Wouldn’t have said the prior to the season but it’s pointless having him here now as he’s not contributing. Get what we can for him, but I’m not sure anyone will bother coming in when he’s gone on a free a few months later.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Yeah I agree about Eriksen. Wouldn’t have said the prior to the season but it’s pointless having him here now as he’s not contributing. Get what we can for him, but I’m not sure anyone will bother coming in when he’s gone on a free a few months later.

You are right about someone waiting to pinch him on a free (Juve special) but surely there's a club that would take him for 15-20m in January as he is still a quality player.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You are right about someone waiting to pinch him on a free (Juve special) but surely there's a club that would take him for 15-20m in January as he is still a quality player.
Maybe Madrid, depends how their season is going I reckon. He’s so s**t at the moment though it might put any potential suitors off. Maybe United will come in for him but the talk is he wants to go to Spain

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Maybe Madrid, depends how their season is going I reckon. He’s so s**t at the moment though it might put any potential suitors off. Maybe United will come in for him but the talk is he wants to go to Spain
Yeah I've always thought he wants Barca or Real Madrid

Don't think he'd work in Simeone's system at Atletico as they're more of a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 kind of side unless he wants to play as a wide playmaker permanently, otherwise they'd be an ok club for him also. Feel he's a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 kind of player

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Maybe Var not so good in the champs league. That was a clear dive by the striker on Bravo. Basically went searching for him and kicked him in the head. Hadn’t dived, he probably scores

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Yeah I've always thought he wants Barca or Real Madrid

Don't think he'd work in Simeone's system at Atletico as they're more of a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 kind of side unless he wants to play as a wide playmaker permanently, otherwise they'd be an ok club for him also. Feel he's a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 kind of player

PSG could be an option.

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Should have copied what that absolute nutter keeper did when he’d leave the ball loose, then pick it up & dive into the oncoming opponent & call for a foul

Crazy. This guy used to play for my hometown team. Looked like a talent really but clearly had some issues.

Should have copied what that absolute nutter keeper did when he’d leave the ball loose, then pick it up & dive into the oncoming opponent & call for a foul

Surely that's a yellow card for diving? He legit picks the ball up then dives forward for no reason.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
The letter J is pronounced differently in Spanish and Portuguese (and might be different again in Brazilian Portuguese).

Jose Mourinho is pronounced Jo-say because he's Portuguese (and not Ho-say as a Spaniard or Latino would be).

The European Portuguese way of pronouncing it would by Je-SOOZ (emphasis on the second syllable)

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
The letter J is pronounced differently in Spanish and Portuguese (and might be different again in Brazilian Portuguese).

Jose Mourinho is pronounced Jo-say because he's Portuguese (and not Ho-say as a Spaniard or Latino would be).

The European Portuguese way of pronouncing it would by Je-SOOZ (emphasis on the second syllable)
Correct.

The J in Portugese is pronounced like the J in Beijing.

The best performing sides get well rewarded financially as they progress in the comp.

This just helps those sides stay successful at the expense of those trying to compete with them.

Shows exactly what UEFA/G14 think of fairness.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Wow. Icardi was brought down in the area by Courtois. Ref gives the red card and checks the monitor for a possible penalty (an inch inside). Comes back to the field and gives Real Madrid a free kick for a foul 40 yards away in the buildup to the penalty call seconds later.

Back