UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Lewangoalski was a shoein to score. Glad its over, this shortened version of CL wasnt great. 9

Hopefully next season runs without too many issues.

I loved it you know. I've enjoyed the hell out of the condensed tournament.

I'm not sure I'd want it like that every year - it's a moot point anyway, UEFA would never give up the money to do it - but I've really enjoyed the UCL as a short-form tournament format.

Thought Lewangoalski was a shoein to score. Glad its over, this shortened version of CL wasnt great. 9

Hopefully next season runs without too many issues.
If liverspuds had been there you would have loved it.

I loved it you know. I've enjoyed the hell out of the condensed tournament.

I'm not sure I'd want it like that every year - it's a moot point anyway, UEFA would never give up the money to do it - but I've really enjoyed the UCL as a short-form tournament format.

It was good that the tournament was completed with international travel off until recently.

Ill leave the short tournament format to th international tournaments. CL is all about the two leg knockout fixtures, they provide great theatre.

The tournament being the way it was worked pretty well, I'd still like to see the two legged ties return when travel is permitted but this season's one leg was a good alternative. Bayern worthy winners and congratulations to them. Neuer was MOTM for me, played well all tournament and very well today

It's been tough to stick to my "they'll regret not keep Cavani for the UCL" guns during the last few games, but I'm feeling vindicated now. And not just cos he's one of my favourites to watch.
Yeah felt like they needed some central striker, think they ask Neymar to do too much as well, put him in more dangerous positions. Still couple of extraordinary saves with his legs by Neuer and could have been different story. They should have put Icardi on instead ex Stoke player who not sure what he was trying to do with that missed cross.

Well done Bayern, didn’t think they were as sharp in this one, a lot of errant/heavy passes. PSG did well to shut down some of dangerous players.

Necessary format for this season but back to two legs in future, supporters deserve to see the knock out games at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4736e62494832d2dc7c1c1a0383dce5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What was the date Kovac was fired? As they had a fairly average start to the season (Monchengladbach was leading the league for a while)

What was the date Kovac was fired? As they had a fairly average start to the season (Monchengladbach was leading the league for a while)
Around 3rd Nov...after 5-1 loss to Frankfurt

Table when he was given the ‘flick’....
53D0133E-74A7-44BC-B2DF-BEE55615A992.jpeg

Around 3rd Nov...after 5-1 loss to Frankfurt

Table when he was given the ‘flick’....
View attachment 943718
Not even that bad

I remember Monchengladbach beat them though around Xmas, Bayern were still around 4th-5th then

Been a totally different team since the new year

Not sure, got 3 years left on his contract but I am interested to see how they go about phasing him out and phasing Nubel in.

I’m going to hazard a guess that in 3 years Nübel is playing somewhere else/not developed enough and they’ll be buying someone new for the first team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats disappointing. PSG fana should be counting themselves lucky that they made it to the final.

I'd be surprised if many of these guys would regularly go to PSG games. These types of riots seem to be a much too frequent event in Paris nowadays. I'd say these same guys were out rioting after the BLM protests, yellow vests protests, France winning the world cup... Any excuse really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back