UEFA Champions League 2020/21 - Chelsea FC Champions.

Kante is a ******* machine
Kante proved again tonight that he's the best midfielder in the world. He's a freak of nature.
Wasn’t expecting that. Well done Chelsea. Kante, what a player. 3x consecutive MOTM awards across the semi finals and final.
Huge from Chelsea and Tuchel.

Kante is definitely one of the most loved players of all time by opposition fans.

N'Golo Kanté,
pala lalala,
he's short,
he's nice,
he stopped Leo Messi
, but we all know he's a cheater
, N'Golo Kanté."

I'd also like to express my fondness for that particular player.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
sport evolves and changes over time. I remember the good old days of footy (80s). Basically no one staged, or threw their head back. Now we have selwood etc play for frees and exaggerate contact. Its relative.

what does the bolded bit mean>

Zero *s were given lol.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
real shocker of a way to lose. utterly toothless. people will go after pep but i had no issues with the team. there was more than enough out there to win but the midfield and final third were just pathetic.
you don’t ever seem to criticise him but I would suggest picking Sterling who has not been starting (in recent important games) because he has been sucking so bad would constitute a bad decision.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
you don’t ever seem to criticise him but I would suggest picking Sterling who has not been starting (in recent important games) because he has been sucking so bad would constitute a bad decision.
that was probably what he got wrong, but i dont think it is unreasonable also to expect a certain level from players. gabby hasnt been much better and kun only just got a bit of form

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
that was probably what he got wrong, but i dont think it is unreasonable also to expect a certain level from players. gabby hasnt been much better and kun only just got a bit of form

It wasn't like City were outplayed. They had 60% possession but the ball didn't land their way in the penalty area. Chelsea got a good chance and took it.

But I was surprised City started with Sterling. He has been out of form for a while, and James towelled him. I was also surprised Rodri didn't play. He controls the tempo of games but it felt like City were trying to play at Chelsea's fast pace. Losing De Bruyne was massive. I hope he's alright. He looked distraught as he left the pitch.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
It wasn't like City were outplayed. They had 60% possession but the ball didn't land their way in the penalty area. Chelsea got a good chance and took it.

But I was surprised City started with Sterling. He has been out of form for a while, and James towelled him. I was also surprised Rodri didn't play. He controls the tempo of games but it felt like City were trying to play at Chelsea's fast pace. Losing De Bruyne was massive. I hope he's alright. He looked distraught as he left the pitch.
i dont think we got outplayed, but chelsea just choked us. the 3 at the back, 5 when they didnt have it and kante going up and back just suffocated us and left us no space to operate. but we played 2 dm's in the fa cup semi final and the same sort of thing happened. but when you're constantly told that you have effectively 2 teams and that there are 18 world class players, i dont think it's unreasonable to expect a certain level from whoever is out there, and most out there didn't reach the level required. i just seems far easier to blame the manager, but what was out there was more than capable of winning this match, but weren't good enough

Sprout

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 6, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, The Exers
Game was cooked before KDB went off. Wasn’t just about the lack of a DM, although starting Dino/Rodri seemed obvious. Chelsea just gave that extra 5% which for whatever reason we couldn’t find and defended like their lives depended on it.

Sucks for Kun but I guess he’s filled his quota on fairytale endings.

Great match and deserved winner. Congrats to the Chelski fans here.

Back