UEFA Champions League 2020/21 - Chelsea FC Champions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
[
Lol something tells me you actually believe this too

It is, we wouldn't have gotten Klopp for sure with him becoming available in 2015. Rodgers winning the title would have kept him with us long term and he was never going to win CL football. It sucked for Gerrard personally but Rodgers not winning the title made it very easy for us to sack him.

We've got Klopp now until 2024 and couldn't be happier.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
I think I just got PTSD seeing Demba Ba running half the pitch and scoring a goal.

Still a meme-rific moment for Chelsea fans. :p

Any reasonable minded football fan can see that he is a decent striker.

Yeah, he's decent and he's delivered more than I would have expected initially, but for mine his technical limitations will stop him from being top-class.

Lol something tells me you actually believe this too

Let's be honest, Liverpool was basically a B-team that were given the A-team treatment by Klopp.

Undeniably a great manager.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Still a meme-rific moment for Chelsea fans. :p

Yeah, he's decent and he's delivered more than I would have expected initially, but for mine his technical limitations will stop him from being top-class.

Let's be honest, Liverpool was basically a B-team that were given the A-team treatment by Klopp.

Undeniably a great manager.

Couldnt be happier with Klopp, suits the club perfectly. We are lucky the stars aligned in getting him.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Think it might be slightly too high a line

_115228350_bt.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it might be slightly too high a line

View attachment 1004023
You'd almost be forgiven if this was in the 90th minute and you are throwing everyone forward in a last ditch effort to nab a point or 3 to qualify for the next round, but 10 minutes in and 0-0?

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
That’s extraordinary incompetence, assume Ole was on the sideline screaming at his defenders just before Ba received the pass? Maybe not
Probably the keeper too although he might have been too far away from them to hear

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
You'd almost be forgiven if this was in the 90th minute and you are throwing everyone forward in a last ditch effort to nab a point or 3 to qualify for the next round, but 10 minutes in and 0-0?

To call this Sunday league defending would be an insult to Sunday leagues!

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
It is, we wouldn't have gotten Klopp for sure with him becoming available in 2015. Rodgers winning the title would have kept him with us long term and he was never going to win CL football. It sucked for Gerrard personally but Rodgers not winning the title made it very easy for us to sack him.

We've got Klopp now until 2024 and couldn't be happier.

It's something that will always be unknown. Rodgers might have won the title before Klopp did. He wasn't to blame for Gerrard's slip which cost them the title and might have led onto other success.

Was Gerrard's last game for a Liverpool a 6-1 defeat to Stoke? He's Liverpool's best ever player but he must have regrets about never winning the Premier League.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
It's something that will always be unknown. Rodgers might have won the title before Klopp did. He wasn't to blame for Gerrard's slip which cost them the title and might have led onto other success.

Was Gerrard's last game for a Liverpool a 6-1 defeat to Stoke? He's Liverpool's best ever player but he must have regrets about never winning the Premier League.

Rodgers not winning the title got us Klopp. If he won in 13/14 we miss out on Klopp and miss out on winning the CL.

It sucked at the time but it lead to both the CL & PL which made it worth it.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.

It's obviously an unknown, it's even unknown if Gerrard doesnt slip that we dont still dont go on and lose the game. At the end of the day, we lost that game and the title and in turn Suarez left. Then Rodgers sucked and we sacked him and brought in Klopp. So everything worked our pretty ******* great really :D

I do firmly believe if we win the league that season, Klopp isnt currently our manager and we would be same old Liverpool, fighting for a top four spot.

I was gutted at the time but very, very happy about it now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back