UEFA Champions League 2020/21 - Chelsea FC Champions.

Remove this Banner Ad

1598217136361.png

1598217276976.png

JohnRhys

Debutant
Aug 24, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Should be a walk in the park for Red Star Belgrade, other ties i like Cluj v Dinamo Zagreb , think Cluj will go through.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Yeah I read that ...what a weird comment.

The Celtic fans I know don't have a good word to say about Brendan Rodgers because he quit the club. But he got them into the Group stage of the Champions League in each of the three seasons he was there. They hadn't achieved that in the three seasons before he got there, and haven't achieved in the three seasons since.

The Celtic fans I know don't have a good word to say about Brendan Rodgers because he quit the club. But he got them into the Group stage of the Champions League in each of the three seasons he was there. They hadn't achieved that in the three seasons before he got there, and haven't achieved in the three seasons since.
They’re giving it to him for not starting a striker and not subbing one until they fell behind. Comments like this after the match are not going to please players either, but of ‘not my fault’ about it...

Asked what message he would give to his players, Lennon added: "Get your mentality right, get your attitude right. If some of you don't want to be here, leave."

Asked if his impression was some players don't want to be at the club, he responded: "In some cases."

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
They’re giving it to him for not starting a striker and not subbing one until they fell behind. Comments like this after the match are not going to please players either, but of ‘not my fault’ about it...

Asked what message he would give to his players, Lennon added: "Get your mentality right, get your attitude right. If some of you don't want to be here, leave."

Asked if his impression was some players don't want to be at the club, he responded: "In some cases."

It could be that Odsonne Édouard is on his way out. But that is the reality of life as Celtic manager. Lennon has failed to get results in Europe for three seasons not just this one game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Lennon is hopeless in Europe.

Rodgers proved he is a quality manager and it was only time before he took a step back up. Yes he didn't leave at the best time but find it strange that Celtic fans now speak of him bitterly, like Tierney which is also bizarre, when he brought so much success.

Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
From a PAOK point of view, Benfica was the toughest possible opponent on paper at least. The one game suits us being the underdog sit tight, defend well and try hit them on the counter as we did to Besiktas.

Third qualifying round:

View attachment 949988
Hoping Ferencvaros upset Dinamo Zagreb. Means one of Ferencvaros, Qarabag and Molde are in the group stage.

And would be great if Red Star Belgrade won too, as the winner of that match get Olympiacos in the playoff.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
And would be great if Red Star Belgrade won too, as the winner of that match get Olympiacos in the playoff.
Damn it ☹ It was essentially win win for the Greeks: It was either their Serb Brothers or Cypriots (though they're probably in line more with Panathinaikos, now that I think about it... 😅)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back