UEFA Champions League 2020/21 - Chelsea FC Champions.

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s the tie breaker situation? If PSG can top it then they’d want it rescheduled
I think PSG can go top with a win.
They got an away goal against Leipzig which is the first non-tied tie breaker if PSG got 3 points.

some big Europa nights coming up at Old Trafford
They could face Madrid, Milan, Tottenham or Napoli at some point

Or they could play giants like Molde, Slavia Prague, Arsenal or Wolfsberger

The match was always going to be rescheduled tomorrow and the likelihood is it will restart at the exact same minute it was postponed amd with the exact same 22 players on the pitch and that would have happened even if PSG was already on top of the standings. And that’s because this isn’t an amateur competition.

If there was a group of 10 male players, 9 of them were black skinned and 1 was white skinned, would it be racist to say the white guy to describe that person?

That's kinda irrelevant in this case. Obviously the 4th official didn't intend to cause offence but the fact is he did with his actions / language towards the Istanbul assistant coach. Both sets of players weren't happy about it (rightly so IMO). At that point the referee really should have removed the 4th official from the game and replaced him to defuse the situation. Seems as though he wasn't prepared to make that decision even though it was within his authority to do so and as a result both sets of players walked off causing the game to be abandoned.

That's kinda irrelevant in this case. Obviously the 4th official didn't intend to cause offence but the fact is he did with his actions / language towards the Istanbul assistant coach. Both sets of players weren't happy about it (rightly so IMO). At that point the referee really should have removed the 4th official from the game and replaced him to defuse the situation. Seems as though he wasn't prepared to make that decision even though it was within his authority to do so and as a result both sets of players walked off causing the game to be abandoned.
Apparently they offered to swap the 4th official and the VAR but neither side agreed to that.

Why are so many United supporters acting like they weren't just making up the numbers lol? Also, how good was it when Ole took 2 left backs off then played a right footed player at left back, highlight of the comp so far for me

Apparently they offered to swap the 4th official and the VAR but neither side agreed to that.

I doubt this happened at the time of the incident. Can understand why the teams would be reluctanct after it took over an hour to come to that conclusion. Shouldve been dealt with swiftly at the time it happened.

In a way i feel sorry for the 4th official. What he said was clearly wrong but he obviously didn't realise how he did it would cause offense. You would hope UEFA would be provided training for their referees on this. He will now be cast as a racist and probably be banned from refereeing future UEFA matches because of this when it is probably more education that was the issue

In a way i feel sorry for the 4th official. What he said was clearly wrong but he obviously didn't realise how he did it would cause offense. You would hope UEFA would be provided training for their referees on this. He will now be cast as a racist and probably be banned from refereeing future UEFA matches because of this when it is probably more education that was the issue

He will get a ban and a fine but nobody would expect a permanent ban, that would be too harsh.

Why are so many United supporters acting like they weren't just making up the numbers lol? Also, how good was it when Ole took 2 left backs off then played a right footed player at left back, highlight of the comp so far for me

Unless you struggle to read, no United fan has acted like that. Playing in the CL is always the preferable option, even for clubs just making up the numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will get a ban and a fine but nobody would expect a permanent ban, that would be too harsh.
No club will want him in the referee group for one of their games. And even if he was to get a game every decision will now be looked at as potentially racially biased.
He has gone from being in the CL panel of refs to now being unable to referee matches outside of his home country.

If it comes out other things then he deserves what is coming to him.

If there was a group of 10 male players, 9 of them were black skinned and 1 was white skinned, would it be racist to say the white guy to describe that person?

No because there isn’t an institutionalised and societal history of racism against white people.

Unless you struggle to read, no United fan has acted like that. Playing in the CL is always the preferable option, even for clubs just making up the numbers.
Sorry, didn't mean on here

Sorry, didn't mean on here

Hey, we aren’t that sensible on here. :p

Didn’t mean to come across like an arsehole. But yeah I agree, I’ve seen a lot of our supporters on other forums and it’s quite embarrassing tbf.

No because there isn’t an institutionalised and societal history of racism against white people.
Yeah but if there was 1 black guy and 9 white guys, you can't describe the guy as the black guy? What would you describe him as then? It is very difficult situation and I think people overreact sometimes

Yeah but if there was 1 black guy and 9 white guys, you can't describe the guy as the black guy? What would you describe him as then? It is very difficult situation and I think people overreact sometimes
Maybe use his actual name that’s on the back of his shirt?

Maybe use his actual name that’s on the back of his shirt?
It was the assistant manager that was being referred to, not a player.

And from one tweet with a translation of what the 4th referee said, it seems the ref didn't know who the guy was/what his job was

It was the assistant manager that was being referred to, not a player.

And from one tweet with a translation of what the 4th referee said, it seems the ref didn't know who the guy was/what his job was
Ok now that I’ve looked into it, seems like a complete overreaction to me.

If it’s 2020, you work in a high up position for a continental organisation and you don’t understand how labelling someone as a ‘negro’ could cause offence, then you probably shouldn’t be working high up in a continental organisation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’d probably call him by his name. Or his title. Or go and point him out.

Imagine a bloke who works for UEFA not knowing who Demba Ba is. Educate yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back