UEFA Champions League 2020/21 - Chelsea FC Champions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it me or is the refereeing worse in some of these Champions League matches?

Some of the fouls called on Chelsea players in the last 15 minutres or so are just absurd.

This was the perfect time for Chelsea to face Atleti.

Our form has turned to s**t in the last couple of weeks, (at the risk of sounding too much like a Liverpool fan) we're missing 3 guaranteed starters - two of which are essential to our best formation, and Simeone clearly went into this game trying not to lose

Hopefully getting Carrasco, Trippier and Gimenez back and needing to win in the 2nd leg will lead to a better performance than what was put up this morning

Giroud is also a model professional, in addition to his model like looks. The bloke just gets it done with minimal fuss and carry on. Have always respected his approach to the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a ******* joke Mount will miss the next game for this.....

He just keeps getting better and better. Not out of place on the big stage.

I’m still trying to work out what the yellow was for.

The referee made Mike Dean look like a genius. Utter incompetence.

I’m still trying to work out what the yellow was for.

The referee made Mike Dean look like a genius. Utter incompetence.

It looked like Mount and the ref was in conversation during the replays of the “foul”, so the yellow could have been for dissent. That ref is notorious for being tough.

About as comfortable as we could have hoped for. Shame we couldnt have scored a few more, rest some players in the second leg.

City can be a bit frustrating to watch. They dominated possession but tried to walk it into the goals. 2-0 should be enough but it should have been 3 or 4. If the Gladbach player had scored in the last minute the 2nd leg would have been interesting. Good to see Aguero get a few minutes.

Frustrating to be down to 10 men with a dodgy red card from such an early stage.
Even more frustrating to have defended so well for so long only to concede at the death.
Still, a lot to play for in the second leg. Plus we have a much better away record in CL games (we haven't won at home in this season's competition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back