UEFA Champions League 2021/22 (Winners: Real Madrid)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
If liverpool win, would one place an * next to it due to the ease of draw>
Possibly one of the easiest runs to a final and a weak Madrid knocking off the best challengers. People talk about Madrids luck but Liverpool haven’t really had to break sweat and will walk away with a CL

Should of pushed harder to sign Harry Kane in the offseason instead of Grealish
It wasn't a choice of one or another. Levy didn't want to sell Kane for a price we thought was worth paying.

HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Gotta hand it to Pep at the end there, Real Madrid were going full on shithousery with those 'injuries' and time wasting, and he stayed completely composed and didn't lose his s**t. He even seemed pretty positive after the whistle, I think he knows he has to pick his players back up as soon as possible and keep them in a positive frame of mind so they don't risk dropping the league as well. Fair play 👏

You think this is a great Madrid team? They have a couple world class players then a squad of blokes who better 4 years ago. Individual brilliance won't get them past Liverpool
Who’s gives a s**t how they compare with past Real sides. You go on and say Liverpool are best or second best in the world and here Real have just beaten and put six past the best or second best side in the world.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Who’s gives a s**t how they compare with past Real sides. You go on and say Liverpool are best or second best in the world and here Real have just beaten and put six past the best or second best side in the world.
Yes because your opinion on a side should constantly change after every single result. Pretty silly way to look at it.

Goshka

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
This is a really dumb logic.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I'm honestly stunned city were the better side for 178 of the 180 minutes. Having 2 world class CBs give up penalties and missing a shitload of chances.

Madrid didn't have a shot on target for 90 minutes then scored two in injury time then another goal five minutes into extra time. Unbelievable.

Yes because your opinion on a side should constantly change after every single result. Pretty silly way to look at it.
I’m simply saying if they’re good enough to do this to City. I expect Liverpool to win but a bit premature to completely discount RM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a really dumb logic.
Logic says they scored three at Chelsea and did the same at the Emirates plus knocked out PSG. And they’ve got no hope in a one off final?

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I’m simply saying if they’re good enough to do this to City. I expect Liverpool to win but a bit premature to completely discount RM
An I'm simply saying that this current Liverpool side will beat this current Madrid side 9 times out of 10.
For as much as Madrid scored 6 they should have conceded 15. Liverpool don't miss those chances that's why theyve made 4 European finals.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Possibly one of the easiest runs to a final and a weak Madrid knocking off the best challengers. People talk about Madrids luck but Liverpool haven’t really had to break sweat and will walk away with a CL
🤷‍♂️

We dont do the draw, we can only play who are in front of us. We should have had a tough semi against Bayern but they bottle'd it. Not our problem.

We did have the apparent group of death though but we won all 6 games. Also if we win the CL, we will have beaten the reigning Italian champions and the reigning Spanish champions.

But again, we can only beat who's in front of us. Hopefully we have one more win in us.

Last edited:
Why so much angst about people saying Liverpool haven't won yet? You'd think we hadn't just watched a match proving how unpredictable knock out games can be.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
You can blame the manager for taking off the only players who could get them back into it following that point.

Easy to criticise in retrospect.

Walker was a forced sub due to injury.
Not sure why Gundogan came on for De Bruyne but they went 2 goals up a minute later.
Grealish for Jesus was like for like and he nearly scored a couple of goals.
Fernandinho for Mahrez at 2 goals up with 5 minutes to go was the correct decision at the time. Sterling for Rodri in ET effectively cancelled that out.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
An I'm simply saying that this current Liverpool side will beat this current Madrid side 9 times out of 10.
For as much as Madrid scored 6 they should have conceded 15. Liverpool don't miss those chances that's why theyve made 4 European finals.
Anything can happen in a one off game of football. I'd be more confident if it was over two legs. More time to right any wrongs or wondergoals or mistakes.

Hopefully we just get it right, we usually do. You are right about scoring goals, that is a difference between us and City. We have goal scorers at the pointy end of the field.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You can blame the manager for taking off the only players who could get them back into it following that point.
What ******* manager keeps tired players on in case 2 hypothetical goals get scored in a couple minutes. This is meme posting to the max

Easy to criticise in retrospect.

Walker was a forced sub due to injury.
Not sure why Gundogan came on for De Bruyne but they went 2 goals up a minute later.
Grealish for Jesus was like for like and he nearly scored a couple of goals.
Fernandinho for Mahrez at 2 goals up with 5 minutes to go was the correct decision at the time. Sterling for Rodri in ET effectively cancelled that out.
How is Grealish for Jesus like for like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back