Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
You'd be bitching for a year if it happened to Liverpool. Despite being like 1 cent for your billionaire owner.

LOL!! We copped a fine for the Benfica away game.

We have a (tight arse) billionaire owner.

You are funded by abu dhabi investment fund oil money. 14 million is more like 1 cent to your ownership.

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You'd be bitching for a year if it happened to Liverpool. Despite being like 1 cent for your billionaire owner.

fc5bddbc0a776888f5f0a70efb5eb9a1.gif

Magma

Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
LOL!! We copped a fine for the Benfica away game.

We have a (tight arse) billionaire owner.

You are funded by abu dhabi investment fund oil money. 14 million is more like 1 cent to your ownership.
E4dv5cUWQAgx0vv

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, WCW

Does that include related party sponsorships or?

Even ignoring that, Liverpool's ownership put in less than half City's according to that so seemed an odd image to post as some sort of 'trump'.

Magma

Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Even ignoring that, Liverpool's ownership put in less than half City's according to that so seemed an odd image to post as some sort of 'trump'.
its to point out we're hardly funded by the owner anymore

CFC_JP

Club Legend
Jun 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'm guessing EPL and Champions League TV rights money, ticket sales and memberships, merchandise sales, maybe some transfer profits.

On a related point, nice cash cow for the Glazers, eh?
Ticket sales ? They never play in front of a full stadium LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg

It wont include anything Abu Dhabi investment fund related. Ie the majority of commercial revenue.

Wont include the 500m invested by silverlake either which by a total coincidence happened not long after abu dhabi invested 2 billion into silver lake itself.

Magma

Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
It wont include anything Abu Dhabi investment fund related. Ie the majority of commercial revenue.

Wont include the 500m invested by silverlake either which by a total coincidence happened not long after abu dhabi invested 2 billion into silver lake itself.
other way around. silverlake bought 10% of shares in the city football group in 2019, and mubadala invested in silver lake in 2020.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
I'm guessing EPL and Champions League TV rights money, ticket sales and memberships, merchandise sales, maybe some transfer profits.

On a related point, nice cash cow for the Glazers, eh?

So the same funding every other club in the league gets? Somehow I doubt that's all the funding they have.

moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
Timperley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City ****
Probably better to move all this over to the football finances or the owners thread.

Doesn't really have much to do with the champions league.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan, Tottenham
Particularly with Benzema. He’s kind of made the champions league his playground this season, like Ronaldo used to in years past.
I'm not sure why Madrid aren't slight favourites. Seen the teams they knocked out v who Liverpool knocked out. Definitely had the harder run to the final and came through each hurdle. PSG then Chelsea then City.

Indie_

The Boy Who Lived
Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
I'm not sure why Madrid aren't slight favourites. Seen the teams they knocked out v who Liverpool knocked out. Definitely had the harder run to the final and came through each hurdle. PSG then Chelsea then City.

Did you watch the games, or just look at the score lines? I don't think anyone felt like Madrid were a better side than any of the teams that they knocked out. Fair play to them for getting through, no doubt they're going to be a really tough opponent and they very well may win - but I don't think anyone should be surprised Liverpool are favourites.

Looking at who the respective teams knocked out is an incredibly simplistic way of evaluating the teams.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Did you watch the games, or just look at the score lines? I don't think anyone felt like Madrid were a better side than any of the teams that they knocked out. Fair play to them for getting through, no doubt they're going to be a really tough opponent and they very well may win - but I don't think anyone should be surprised Liverpool are favourites.

Looking at who the respective teams knocked out is an incredibly simplistic way of evaluating the teams.

But.. they got through. The point is they find a way to win despite the superior sides they faced.

Indie_

The Boy Who Lived
Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
But.. they got through. The point is they find a way to win despite the superior sides they faced.

And when has the side which is generally regarded as superior, not been made the favourites by bookmakers? Never. I'm not saying it's not valid to think Madrid win, they very well may - but it's a bizarre take to be surprised they aren't favourites.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
And when has the side which is generally regarded as superior, not been made the favourites by bookmakers? Never. I'm not saying it's not valid to think Madrid win, they very well may - but it's a bizarre take to be surprised they aren't favourites.

Don't disagree Pool should be favourites, but I think it's pretty even, especially with your injuries.

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leicester City, Philadelphia Eagles
I find it strange you'd based favouritism on ties that happened months ago. Surely you're better off looking at recent form to determine favouritism?

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad