UEFA Champions League 2021/22 (Winners: Real Madrid)

Remove this Banner Ad

Throwing away a 2 goal lead in the 90th minute of a Champions League semifinal - is this the 'Gerrard slip' moment for this Man City generation?
nah, it's just reinforcement that no matter what, typical city cannot and will never die.

After KDB went off City went another goal up.

Grealish for Jesus was one potent attacker for another and he nearly scored a couple of goals.

2 goals up with 5 minutes to go is normally job done for scoring and you shore up the defensive midfield. Mahrez had done very little apart from score so bringing on Fernandinho was the correct call at the time.
How is Grealish a potent attacker? Has two goals for the season.

City would be devastated and they were really poor and switched off in those last few minutes, but I think it’s a bit easy to just call it a bottle job. A goal line clearance and outstanding save kept Madrid in it, before a massive deflection results in a stoppage time equaliser. They’re just super tight margins at this level.

PSG, Chelsea and City all had them dead and buried with 15 minutes to go but they found a way. Liverpool are going to have to be very good to beat them in a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monumental choke from City and I'm not sure I can consider Pep the best manager in the world after 0/11 CL's in the last 11 tries with Barca, Bayern and City.

Yes given the resources he has at his disposal, that lack of a champions league trophy is an underwhelming return. From memory RM didn’t even have a shot on target until the 90th minute this morning. One hell of a choke to somehow lose the tie from that position.

The final is definitely not a walkover. Benzema is a beast and if Vinicius learns how to shoot he will be very dangerous. A throwback performance from Modric and Kroos as well please.
Especially up against Trent Alexander-Arnold, he'll have a field day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back