UEFA Champions League 2021/22 (Winners: Real Madrid)

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd be bitching for a year if it happened to Liverpool. Despite being like 1 cent for your billionaire owner.

LOL!! We copped a fine for the Benfica away game.

We have a (tight arse) billionaire owner.

You are funded by abu dhabi investment fund oil money. 14 million is more like 1 cent to your ownership.

You are funded by abu dhabi investment fund oil money. 14 million is more like 1 cent to your ownership.
E4dv5cUWQAgx0vv

Zzzzzzzz

Does that include related party sponsorships or?

Even ignoring that, Liverpool's ownership put in less than half City's according to that so seemed an odd image to post as some sort of 'trump'.

Even ignoring that, Liverpool's ownership put in less than half City's according to that so seemed an odd image to post as some sort of 'trump'.
its to point out we're hardly funded by the owner anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wont include anything Abu Dhabi investment fund related. Ie the majority of commercial revenue.

Wont include the 500m invested by silverlake either which by a total coincidence happened not long after abu dhabi invested 2 billion into silver lake itself.

It wont include anything Abu Dhabi investment fund related. Ie the majority of commercial revenue.

Wont include the 500m invested by silverlake either which by a total coincidence happened not long after abu dhabi invested 2 billion into silver lake itself.
other way around. silverlake bought 10% of shares in the city football group in 2019, and mubadala invested in silver lake in 2020.

I'm guessing EPL and Champions League TV rights money, ticket sales and memberships, merchandise sales, maybe some transfer profits.

On a related point, nice cash cow for the Glazers, eh?

So the same funding every other club in the league gets? Somehow I doubt that's all the funding they have.

Particularly with Benzema. He’s kind of made the champions league his playground this season, like Ronaldo used to in years past.
I'm not sure why Madrid aren't slight favourites. Seen the teams they knocked out v who Liverpool knocked out. Definitely had the harder run to the final and came through each hurdle. PSG then Chelsea then City.

I'm not sure why Madrid aren't slight favourites. Seen the teams they knocked out v who Liverpool knocked out. Definitely had the harder run to the final and came through each hurdle. PSG then Chelsea then City.

Did you watch the games, or just look at the score lines? I don't think anyone felt like Madrid were a better side than any of the teams that they knocked out. Fair play to them for getting through, no doubt they're going to be a really tough opponent and they very well may win - but I don't think anyone should be surprised Liverpool are favourites.

Looking at who the respective teams knocked out is an incredibly simplistic way of evaluating the teams.

Did you watch the games, or just look at the score lines? I don't think anyone felt like Madrid were a better side than any of the teams that they knocked out. Fair play to them for getting through, no doubt they're going to be a really tough opponent and they very well may win - but I don't think anyone should be surprised Liverpool are favourites.

Looking at who the respective teams knocked out is an incredibly simplistic way of evaluating the teams.

But.. they got through. The point is they find a way to win despite the superior sides they faced.

But.. they got through. The point is they find a way to win despite the superior sides they faced.

And when has the side which is generally regarded as superior, not been made the favourites by bookmakers? Never. I'm not saying it's not valid to think Madrid win, they very well may - but it's a bizarre take to be surprised they aren't favourites.

And when has the side which is generally regarded as superior, not been made the favourites by bookmakers? Never. I'm not saying it's not valid to think Madrid win, they very well may - but it's a bizarre take to be surprised they aren't favourites.

Don't disagree Pool should be favourites, but I think it's pretty even, especially with your injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back