UEFA Champions League 2021/22 (Winners: Real Madrid)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I doubt Klopp cares. The group isn’t at stake for the only team he cares about. Why risk injury when he doesn’t need to?

It's more about the integrity of the competition. If Atletico had of beaten AC then there would have been absolutely zero at stake (AC would have been guaranteed to finish rock bottom and we were already guarantee to finish first). I think it is unlikely we send a team of kids now which could be considered a manipulation of the competition.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
It's more about the integrity of the competition. If Atletico had of beaten AC then there would have been absolutely zero at stake (AC would have been guaranteed to finish rock bottom and we were already guarantee to finish first). I think it is unlikely we send a team of kids now which could be considered a manipulation of the competition.

UEFA and integrity? 😂

But I do see yours and Ross’ point.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
What would the sanctions be for fielding a weak side? And why can't it also apply to the FA, League Cups or more similarly the group stages of the Papa Johns Trophy?

It depends on just how weak the team is. If it's purely an U19 side there probably would be ramifications as qualification is still at stake for all 3 other teams in the group.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Personally I would be happy for Ian Rush & John Aldridge to play up front against AC away. But I dont think a lineup wirh zero first team players will happen as there could be a shitstorm if it allows AC an easy win and qualification.

Another thing is we should be trying to sign Kessie from AC Milan and thats a whole lot easier to do if they are out of CL.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
We will go semi strong. Not all kids but like second XI. Something like this.

Kelleher
Williams Konate Phillips Tsimikas
Jones Morton Milner
Taki Origi Ox

Still a decent side.

Wouldnt risk Allison, TAA, VVD, Matip, Gomez, Robbo, Keita, Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Mo, Mane, Jota or Bobby.

Easy again for us. Had already locked up first place in the first four games but we continue on. Group of death it was... 5 games, 5 wins.

Should roll out the kids for the Milan game.
We will go semi strong. Not all kids but like second XI. Something like this.

Kelleher
Williams Konate Phillips Tsimikas
Jones Morton Milner
Taki Origi Ox

Still a decent side.

Wouldnt risk Allison, TAA, VVD, Matip, Gomez, Robbo, Keita, Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Mo, Mane, Jota or Bobby.

Milner will also miss now, with that easy yellow card.

Klopp probably sent him on just to get booked, to reset his status.

We've just fielded Salah, Mane, Thiago, Matip and Alisson in a dead rubber today. FSG want that 2mil for a win prizemoney.

Spot on. There will be players rested, but I would be shocked if two of Salah/Mane/Jota don't start. Mo would play every day of the week if he could.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1637841392343.png

I didnt know who Leipzig were playing until they showed a player in blue. The big Man City across the chest helped.
It's a bloody horrific kit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back