Remove this Banner Ad

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
That 2nd Werner goal looked really close to being ruled offside.

Memphis

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Boston Celtics
Lol barca.

Going to make their UEL debut.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Timo Werner is a modern day incarnation of Inzaghi. Always offside. Inzahgi would have scored about 3 goals for his career if VAR was around back in his day.

I recall SAF once said Inzaghi was born offside. A classic.

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Hope Chelsea cop Bayern as punishment for failing to win an average group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheGreatBarryB

Hall of Famer
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
I think the three English clubs could hold their own against Bayern who have been a little vulnerable at times this season. Eg loss to bottom three team recently, pounded by Gladbach in cup game…some spotty wins

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I think the three English clubs could hold their own against Bayern who have been a little vulnerable at times this season. Eg loss to bottom three team recently, pounded by Gladbach in cup game…some spotty wins
Liverpool and City definitely. Not too sure about Chelsea but that's I guess more to do with the runs on the board for Liverpool and City and how good both have been for 3-4 years. Chelsea have been great this season and the CL win was fortunate. But dont yet have the runs on the board.

Hopefully they draw Bayern, will make for good theatre.

Loonerty

TheBrownDog
Jun 1, 2008
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
Liverpool and City definitely. Not too sure about Chelsea but that's I guess more to do with the runs on the board for Liverpool and City and how good both have been for 3-4 years. Chelsea have been great this season and the CL win was fortunate. But dont yet have the runs on the board.

Hopefully they draw Bayern, will make for good theatre.
Fortunate? ******* hell jod you really don't pay attention do you.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Fortunate? ******* hell jod you really don't pay attention do you.
I think there was definitely a touch of good fortune with Chelsea winning the CL last season. Their group was Sevilla, Krasnodar and Rennes. Easy. The Atletico win was a surprising one but then it opened up really nicely for them. Porto is a walk in the park and that Real Madrid side was awful and easily beatable. Beating City was nice but in a one off game for all the marbles, anything can happen.

You werent swashbuckling your way through Europe and putting all the best sides in Europe to the sword. It was a deserved win for sure, you can only beat who's in front of you but a touch fortunate for me and Chelsea took their chance so good on them.

Loonerty

TheBrownDog
Jun 1, 2008
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
I think there was definitely a touch of good fortune with Chelsea winning the CL last season. Their group was Sevilla, Krasnodar and Rennes. Easy. The Atletico win was a surprising one but then it opened up really nicely for them. Porto is a walk in the park and that Real Madrid side was awful and easily beatable. Beating City was nice but in a one off game for all the marbles, anything can happen.

You werent swashbuckling your way through Europe and putting all the best sides in Europe to the sword. It was a deserved win for sure, you can only beat who's in front of you but a touch fortunate for me and Chelsea took their chance so good on them.
We beat City twice in a row before that game.

We didn't just get lucky on the way to the final, we never looked threatened at any stage.

We dominated both Madrid sides. Porto didn't get close.

This is revisionist history jod. We conceded 4 goals all tournament and only ever one in a game. 9 clean sheets.

Fortunate might be 2012 but it certainly wasn't 2021.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
We beat City twice in a row before that game.

We didn't just get lucky on the way to the final, we never looked threatened at any stage.

We dominated both Madrid sides. Porto didn't get close.

This is revisionist history jod. We conceded 4 goals all tournament and only ever one in a game. 9 clean sheets.

Fortunate might be 2012 but it certainly wasn't 2021.
Yeah maybe, just my take on it. Sometimes a team that isnt really the best team in Europe wins the European Cup. We did it in Istanbul.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad