UEFA Champions League 2021/22 (Winners: Real Madrid)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the three English clubs could hold their own against Bayern who have been a little vulnerable at times this season. Eg loss to bottom three team recently, pounded by Gladbach in cup game…some spotty wins

I think the three English clubs could hold their own against Bayern who have been a little vulnerable at times this season. Eg loss to bottom three team recently, pounded by Gladbach in cup game…some spotty wins
Liverpool and City definitely. Not too sure about Chelsea but that's I guess more to do with the runs on the board for Liverpool and City and how good both have been for 3-4 years. Chelsea have been great this season and the CL win was fortunate. But dont yet have the runs on the board.

Hopefully they draw Bayern, will make for good theatre.

Liverpool and City definitely. Not too sure about Chelsea but that's I guess more to do with the runs on the board for Liverpool and City and how good both have been for 3-4 years. Chelsea have been great this season and the CL win was fortunate. But dont yet have the runs on the board.

Hopefully they draw Bayern, will make for good theatre.
Fortunate? ******* hell jod you really don't pay attention do you.

Fortunate? ******* hell jod you really don't pay attention do you.
I think there was definitely a touch of good fortune with Chelsea winning the CL last season. Their group was Sevilla, Krasnodar and Rennes. Easy. The Atletico win was a surprising one but then it opened up really nicely for them. Porto is a walk in the park and that Real Madrid side was awful and easily beatable. Beating City was nice but in a one off game for all the marbles, anything can happen.

You werent swashbuckling your way through Europe and putting all the best sides in Europe to the sword. It was a deserved win for sure, you can only beat who's in front of you but a touch fortunate for me and Chelsea took their chance so good on them.

I think there was definitely a touch of good fortune with Chelsea winning the CL last season. Their group was Sevilla, Krasnodar and Rennes. Easy. The Atletico win was a surprising one but then it opened up really nicely for them. Porto is a walk in the park and that Real Madrid side was awful and easily beatable. Beating City was nice but in a one off game for all the marbles, anything can happen.

You werent swashbuckling your way through Europe and putting all the best sides in Europe to the sword. It was a deserved win for sure, you can only beat who's in front of you but a touch fortunate for me and Chelsea took their chance so good on them.
We beat City twice in a row before that game.

We didn't just get lucky on the way to the final, we never looked threatened at any stage.

We dominated both Madrid sides. Porto didn't get close.

This is revisionist history jod. We conceded 4 goals all tournament and only ever one in a game. 9 clean sheets.

Fortunate might be 2012 but it certainly wasn't 2021.

We beat City twice in a row before that game.

We didn't just get lucky on the way to the final, we never looked threatened at any stage.

We dominated both Madrid sides. Porto didn't get close.

This is revisionist history jod. We conceded 4 goals all tournament and only ever one in a game. 9 clean sheets.

Fortunate might be 2012 but it certainly wasn't 2021.
Yeah maybe, just my take on it. Sometimes a team that isnt really the best team in Europe wins the European Cup. We did it in Istanbul.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back