UEFA EURO 2020 (Italy Champions)

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I love the fact that the French FA announced back in August that VAR would be in place for all League and French Cup games, yes, including games like Vitre vs Nantes at a 3,500 people capacity ground, and yet Wembley Stadium doesn’t have VAR for a Euro 2020 qualifier lol.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I love the fact that the French FA announced back in August that VAR would be in place for all League and French Cup games, yes, including games like Vitre vs Nantes at a 3,500 people capacity ground, and yet Wembley Stadium doesn’t have VAR for a Euro 2020 qualifier lol.

Yeah a bit odd. I reckon Sancho was a touch offside for the first goal.

But it was a pretty good performance. Sterling is finally playing for England like he does for City. Got MoM for his hat trick but I reckon Henderson would have been close. Sancho maybe trying to do a bit too much early doors but some of it came off. You can tell he's going to be some player. Rice looked at home on his debut, just kept it simple. Hudson-Odoi got 20 minutes at the end and looked good. Dele Alli seems off his best form and was taken off after the hour.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Irish seem to be more into their rugby than their football at the moment. Their football team has gone to s**t

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
I'm not necessarily the biggest lover of Sterling, given his move from 'Pool to City, but he has flourished and improved massively. Tonight though, is more about Barkley stepping up - another talent who can develop further.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
These European qualifiers are a complete formality now I’m afraid. Gone are the days when qualifying for this tournament was an arduous affair. England are 5-1 up playing at walking pace

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
These European qualifiers are a complete formality now I’m afraid. Gone are the days when qualifying for this tournament was an arduous affair. England are 5-1 up playing at walking pace

England always do well in qualifying but have gone to another level lately. It's 41 games unbeaten now. Last defeat in a qualifier was against Ukraine in 2009.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I'm not necessarily the biggest lover of Sterling, given his move from 'Pool to City, but he has flourished and improved massively. Tonight though, is more about Barkley stepping up - another talent who can develop further.
Barkley looks sensational against poor sides, but turns to water against quality. Has one good game every ten. I don’t think he’ll ever fulfill his potential.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
Barkley looks sensational against poor sides, but turns to water against quality. Has one good game every ten. I don’t think he’ll ever fulfill his potential.

Who knows? If he manages to avoid injury then he might at least improve. Not sure he’ll ever be as good as he could be, but he’s got to try for his own sake, given the competition at international level alone. I can’t recall an England side bubbling away with as much youthful enthusiasm as this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Who knows? If he manages to avoid injury then he might at least improve. Not sure he’ll ever be as good as he could be, but he’s got to try for his own sake, given the competition at international level alone. I can’t recall an England side bubbling away with as much youthful enthusiasm as this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s promising, and there’s still a lot more youth to try and push their way in... Foden, Sessegnon, Wan-Bissaka, Grealish.

A few of the current squad may find themselves pushed out. I think Rose looks cooked, and that hurts me as a Tottenham fan. Dier and Henderson also may struggle to retain their places.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Watching Spain/Malta and the commentators have mentioned a couple times about Euro 1984 qualifying between the two nations that Spain won 12-1. Crazy enough, Spain needed to win by 11 goals just to qualify. Could you imagine being the Netherlands who finished 2nd in the group knowing that Spain only beat Malta 3-2 in the first match lol.

The first thing the commentators could say during the celebration was how it wasn’t a good look by Sterling. They were in the stadium and surely knew what was being directed at Raheem. Gutless.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Watching Spain/Malta and the commentators have mentioned a couple times about Euro 1984 qualifying between the two nations that Spain won 12-1. Crazy enough, Spain needed to win by 11 goals just to qualify. Could you imagine being the Netherlands who finished 2nd in the group knowing that Spain only beat Malta 3-2 in the first match lol.

The first thing the commentators could say during the celebration was how it wasn’t a good look by Sterling. They were in the stadium and surely knew what was being directed at Raheem. Gutless.
They genuinely didn’t hear it - you couldn’t hear it coming over the tv feed either. They are usually the first to call out these type of things

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
They genuinely didn’t hear it - you couldn’t hear it coming over the tv feed either. They are usually the first to call out these type of things

If they didn’t hear it, fine. This sort of thing should stop. Maybe UEFA can show their mettle and kick Montenegro (ironic the name of the country tbh) out of qualification.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No comments on the World's greatest ever defenders poor performance v Germany?! ;)

I love the idea of Gnabry curling one in from 20 yards somehow being Van Dijk's fault, that's how desperate people like you have become to bring him down a peg.

Back