UEFA EURO 2020 (Italy Champions)

Remove this Banner Ad

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If they didn’t hear it, fine. This sort of thing should stop. Maybe UEFA can show their mettle and kick Montenegro (ironic the name of the country tbh) out of qualification.
Perhaps this time they will, we’ll have to wait and see

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I love the idea of Gnabry curling one in from 20 yards somehow being Van Dijk's fault, that's how desperate people like you have become to bring him down a peg.

I’m a big VVD fan but to be honest he was at fault for that goal. He had a bit of a dodgy first half, a lot of it was down to the Germans formation which caught the Dutch out

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Italy 4 nil up against Liechtenstein

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I love the idea of Gnabry curling one in from 20 yards somehow being Van Dijk's fault, that's how desperate people like you have become to bring him down a peg.
Showing him onto his strong foot instead of the line? Yeah that's some wonderful defending. It's not like he hasn't played Gnabry twice recently..

Once again Liverpool fans can't accept fault. Every pundit said he was at fault for both goals. His lazy defending as I have said can be his downfall and it was there.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Not much of a surprise. You can cross Liechtenstein in 20 mins on a train. You can't even get one side to the other of Rome on a train in 20 mins.
It’s a country I’ve never heard of tbh

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
If they didn’t hear it, fine. This sort of thing should stop. Maybe UEFA can show their mettle and kick Montenegro (ironic the name of the country tbh) out of qualification.

Interesting interview with John Barnes about this.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47713460

Should Chelsea get kicked out of the PL for that incident against City? Of course not, but where do you draw the line? I'm all for strong punishments because there seems to be no ready alternative that will help in the short run, but this is a societal problem that won't go away by punishing clubs or countries. This needs to be solved within society, not just inside football stadiums.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Matches will take place from 21 March to 19 November 2019.
View attachment 591408
Poms looking brilliant in their opening two games. Smashed em scoring a hatful, good on em. Picked up where they left off from the World Cup and Nations League.

Portuguese off to a slow start but they'll be fine. Dominated Serbia with Ronnie going off injured.

I'm glad for Germany and their campaign is off to a dynamite start. They were never going to be down for too long and even after squandering a 2 goal lead again to Holland changed things dramatically for their confidence with that last gasp winner. Well played.

Ramos well you felt he'd chip the keeper with that pen as he does, and he did. Sublime.

France crush Iceland just like at the Euros.

Belgium cane Russia.

Italy off to a flyer under Mancini and playing some good football since he's been at the helm. Cannon fodder opposition but at least they're racking them up.

Bosnia blew it against Greece, the Balkans doing what they do best - Self implode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Dutch were brilliant beating Germany in Germany. Holland have been brilliant this last year with some very notable wins.

Italy yesterday maintain their 100 percent record. Under Mancini they've had some what of a renaissance while blooding some younger, fresher faces. Dark horses for the Euros and will be dangerous at Qatar ( unless they face the bribe kings themselves )

Croatia 4-0 in Slovakia is a great result. A very difficult venue and the Croats display once more the serious firepower they have on hand. Good on em.

Spain 2-1 yesterday in Bucharest job well done. Ramos from the spot is a solid bet for La Roja.

Will say it again but * what a time of year. Euro Qualifiers/EPL/Champions League about to kick off.
The Ashes
US Open
NFL opening weekend
AFL Finals
Spring, September air with Racing set to fire
UFC always up and about

Great, great time of year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back