ad1a27002c838d5ea16f8ff28d543695.jpg

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
9 goals and 4 assists in Sterling's 8th appearance for club and country.

Excellent performance. Long term what position would you like to see him playing? The move where he assisted Kane was a good demonstration of how damaging he can be playing centrally as a Messi-type false 9. Not sure whether he’s played that role for City yet, he did it a number of times for us and always impressed me there, even as a kid.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Fair play to Sterling he’s really turned it around with England since the World Cup. Finally playing like he does with City. England still look dodgy at the back though and need someone in midfield who can link it all together

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
After the goal the commentator goes on to say, “Bernard Challandes who is in charge of this exceptional Kosovan side”. Lol. Anytime England concede a goal their opponent seems to be spoken up as a super talented team.

45 minutes later. England 5, Kosovo 1.

It was a crazy game.

England 1-0 down after 35 seconds then 5-1 up by half time. England switched off to allow Kosovo back into the game. I think after half time most of the England players would have been thinking of their next Premier League game.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Southgate needs to bring in some of this new blood especially in midfield. I’m sorry but having Henderson and Rice does not offer enough creativity. I’d look at bringing Foden or even Grealish into the mix. And then you’ve got Maddison who needs a go. TAA looks s**t when he’s not got his Liverpool teammates to bail him out was another thing I noticed

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Depends if he plays 1 or 2 holding midfielders ultimately in that scenario.
Don’t need two holding midfielders imo. I’d drop Henderson and give Maddison a go. Hendo is bang average, not good enough to compete with the likes of Belgium and France. I’d stick with Rice for now, although in truth he’s had a shaky start to international football.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Don’t need two holding midfielders imo. I’d drop Henderson and give Maddison a go. Hendo is bang average, not good enough to compete with the likes of Belgium and France. I’d stick with Rice for now, although in truth he’s had a shaky start to international football.

That’s European Cup winning captain Henderson thanks.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That’s European Cup winning captain Henderson thanks.
Oh ffs just because he plays for Liverpool you get all upset. I’m sorry but watching England hendo does not offer much. He’s pretty much carried by the Liverpool team.

Its so funny how any criticism of anything Liverpool brings you out in a rash

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Oh ffs just because he plays for Liverpool you get all upset. I’m sorry but watching England hendo does not offer much. He’s pretty much carried by the Liverpool team.

Its so funny how any criticism of anything Liverpool brings you out in a rash

Who said anything about getting upset?

When there are 2-3 English midfielders who are consistently outperforming the European Cup winning captain I’m sure he’ll lose his spot, but it’s not like he’s keeping Paul Scholes out of the side. There are a few youngsters coming through who I suspect will go past him in the next year or so, but there’s no sense fretting about him being selected until they put the runs on the board.

Same argument could be made for a few of the youngsters in other positions currently on the cusp of the side.

43D34462-C58F-43D5-9F9B-0A6910D12277.jpeg

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Looking past the Euros and towards the 2022 World Cup, I’d love to see where this group of players are by then.
6A7A3C7F-A8CA-4A61-9EBF-C5928616EBC6.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Who said anything about getting upset?

When there are 2-3 English midfielders who are consistently outperforming the European Cup winning captain I’m sure he’ll lose his spot, but it’s not like he’s keeping Paul Scholes out of the side. There are a few youngsters coming through who I suspect will go past him in the next year or so, but there’s no sense fretting about him being selected until they put the runs on the board.

Same argument could be made for a few of the youngsters in other positions currently on the cusp of the side.

View attachment 744534
That right back position is pure trash defensively... apart from AWB. Left back aint much better.

Back