UEFA EURO 2020 (Italy Champions)

Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
Belgium will have no problem accounting for Russia, took care of them easily in qualifying. It may be a different beast in the tournament proper but I wouldn't be worried, you guys have far too much fire power the Russians can't handle it.

Denmark maybe trickier, they know how to shut down a game get a result but again I think Belgium will have too much in attack.

The concept has grown on me I'll admit, the pan-European tournament but it's an unknown beast as plenty of teams will have home ground advantage in the group stage. Should be an interesting tournament Euros are always good value

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Of the favourites, France, Belgium and Portugal don't play games at home. Brussels was appointed as a host city, but after the government didn't give permits to build a new stadium in time (it doesn't get more Belgian than that), UEFA stepped in and took the games away.

It's not unthinkable that this will have some effect on the tournament. Belgium already knows they'll be playing Russia and Denmark in the group stage and these games will be in Saint Petersburg and Copenhagen. Those games are considerably harder than when they'd be on neutral ground, and it feels frustrating to know that these should've been played in Belgium.

With the semi finals and final being at Wembley, this should be England's tournament really.
Not really at all.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Pot 1: Belgium, Italy, England, Germany, Spain, Ukraine
Pot 2: France, Switzerland, Croatia, Poland, Netherlands, Russia
Pot 3: Portugal, Turkey, Denmark, Austria, Sweden, Czech Republic
Pot 4: Wales, Finland, Playoff A, Playoff B, Playoff C, Playoff D

Portugal wins the Nations League, Euro champions and are pot 3 based on their qualifying group for this euro? Lol. Ukraine in pot 1 is a joke. France in pot 2?

God Almighty.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Portugal are gong to have one hell of a group if they get France/Netherlands and anyone but Ukraine.
Indeed. Wouldn't want to get Croatia either. Played them off the park last euro and should have won. Will be keen for revenge, star studded quality and World Cup Runners up.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Spain
Holland/France
Portugal

England
France
Portugal

Would be........jizz worthy.

Italy
Holland
France

cream worthy. They were drawn together at Euro 2008 after France were coming off a World Cup Final. Same thing at Euro 2000 after the French won the world cup drawing Holland in the group. Went on to beat Italy in the final. History will repeat I reckon. Winner will come from them , would be so like Italy to win it under Mancini fresh from missing out on the world cup.

Only the Italians can pull s**t like that. A very young team though which I think will work against them at the business end of the tournament, but they'll be better for it two years later at Qatar, unless they play them. Qatar could beat 2 Brazilians team at once on their home turf.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
The draw for the UEFA EURO 2020 final tournament takes place at ROMEXPO in Bucharest on Saturday 30 November, getting under way at 18:00 CET.

The final pot allocation will be published on UEFA.com on Thursday 21 November once confirmed by the UEFA Emergency Panel.

Which teams are in it?
The draw will involve the two-top finishers in the ten qualifying groups (completed in November) and the eventual four play-off winners (decided in March 2020, and to be identified as play-off winners 1 to 4 for the purposes of the draw). Confirmed so far:

Austria
Belgium
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
England
Finland
France
Germany
Italy
Netherlands
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine
Wales

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Ukraine
Russia/Poland/Switz
Austria
Finland

pot 2 could trouble any side though. Poland took the Portuguese to penalties in the euro 2016 QF, granted Portugal were poor most games winning only 2 games all tournament and one in normal time against a weakened Wales. Did Draw with Germany in the group too. Switzerland drew with Brazil last year in Russia and the hosts did K.O Spain in the 2nd round and only went out on pens vs Croatia in the QF. Did have home advantage however, good at Euro 2008 and almost went through the K.O phase 4 years later.

* I love Euro and World Cup's and their history.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Full Euro 2020 draw
Group A

Turkey

Italy

Wales

Switzerland

Group B

Denmark

Finland

Belgium

Russia

Group C

Netherlands

Ukraine

Austria

Playoff Winner D/A

Group D

England

Croatia

Playoff Winner C

Czech Republic

Group E

Spain

Sweden

Poland

Playoff Winner B

Group F

Playoff Winner A/D

Portugal

France

Germany

France vs Italy if it can be like Euro 2000. Omens already there like Italy getting drawn with Turkey at that tournament and a team starting with S in Switzerland ( was Sweden at Euro 2000 ) France will play Portugal like they did at euro 2000 in the semis. Portugal were drawn with Germany in the group at Euro 2000 like they are again.

France-Portugal unreal rivalry now and great to see a rematch of last Euro's final coming in the group. They've met in big games like the one mentioned, the semi finals of Euro 84, 2000, and Germany 2006.

LOVE IT!

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don’t want to sound a buzzkill but that Grouo F would be seriously tasty but unfortunately with three sides going through in 4 of the 6 groups it takes a huge edge off the group stages. This also blighted some World Cups before it went to the current 32 team format

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I think Romania could potentially join Portugal and Germany along with France. Romania were drawn with Portugal and Germany at Euro 2000.

Interesting.

''
Groups used to be more dire in general, considering only eight teams made the competition from 1980-1992 and then 16 from 1996-2012. But based strictly on contemporaneous trophy haul, next summer’s Group F tops them all.

And guess who could still join those three giants? Memorable 2016 quarterfinalist Iceland, which has a chance to qualify out of the Path A playoff. That field also includes Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary, and the four-team mini-tournament will be contested in late March.

If Romania wins, however, Euro 2020 bylaws require the winner of the Path D playoff to join Group F. That collection of teams includes four minnows in Georgia, Belarus, North Macedonia and Kosovo ''

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Don’t want to sound a buzzkill but that Grouo F would be seriously tasty but unfortunately with three sides going through in 4 of the 6 groups it takes a huge edge off the group stages. This also blighted some World Cups before it went to the current 32 team format
I do agree. But really, the groups were going to be kind of ****ed anyway with 32 teams. At least there is one '' true '' group pf death.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I do agree. But really, the groups were going to be kind of f’ed anyway with 32 teams. At least there is one '' true '' group pf death.
Yeah 32 would have made no difference to the final tournament just made qualifying for it even more of a formality. I liked the 16 team format with the top 2 in each group going through to the quarter finals. Still should be a feast of football especially once the knockout stages start

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Portugal drawn with Germany at Euro 2012 and Brazil 2014 too. Also at Euro 2000. Met in K.O Stages of Euro 2008 and 3rd place Germany 2006.

Rivalry there also.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Italy playing Turkey in their first game, like at Euro 2000. On the way to euro 2000 Italy were drawn in group A qualifying with Switzerland and Wales. They open the Euros. Poms vs Croatia in their opener is jizz worthy they also have a rivalry playing off in big matches against one another. France vs Germany in Munich holy *en s**t!!!!!! straight off the bat

Friday 12 June
Group A: Turkey v Italy (21:00, Rome)

Saturday 13 June
Group A: Wales v Switzerland (15:00, Baku)
Group B: Denmark v Finland (18:00, Copenhagen)
Group B: Belgium v Russia (21:00, St Petersburg)

Sunday 14 June
Group D: England v Croatia (15:00 Wembley)
Group C: Austria v Play-off winner D or A (18:00, Bucharest)
Group C: Netherlands v Ukraine (21:00, Amsterdam)

Monday 15 June
Group D: Play-off winner C v Czech Republic (15:00, Glasgow)
Group E: Poland v Play-off winner B (18:00, Dublin)
Group E: Spain v Sweden (21:00, Bilbao)

Tuesday 16 June
Group F: Play-off winner A or D v Portugal (18:00, Budapest)
Group F: France v Germany (21:00, Munich)

Wednesday 17 June
Group B: Finland v Russia (15:00, St Petersburg)
Group A: Turkey v Wales (18:00, Baku)
Group A: Italy v Switzerland (21:00, Rome)

Thursday 18 June
Group C: Ukraine v Play-off winner D or A (15:00, Bucharest)
Group B: Denmark v Belgium (18:00, Copenhagen)
Group C: Netherlands v Austria (21:00, Amsterdam)

Friday 19 June
Group E: Sweden v Play-off winner B (15:00, Dublin)
Group D: Croatia v Czech Republic (18:00, Glasgow)
Group D: England v Play-off winner C (21:00, London)

Saturday 20 June
Group F: Play-off winner A or D v France (15:00, Budapest)
Group F: Portugal v Germany (18:00, Munich)
Group E: Spain v Poland (21:00, Bilbao)

Sunday 21 June
Group A: Italy v Wales (18:00, Rome)
Group A: Switzerland v Turkey (18:00, Baku)

Monday 22 June
Group C: Play-off winner D or A v Netherlands (18:00, Amsterdam)
Group C: Ukraine v Austria (18:00, Bucharest)
Group B: Russia v Denmark (21:00, Copenhagen)
Group B: Finland v Belgium (21:00, St Petersburg)

Tuesday 23 June
Group D: Czech Republic v England (21:00, London)
Group D: Croatia v Play-off winner C (21:00, Glasgow)

Wednesday 24 June
Group E: Play-off winner B v Spain (18:00, Bilbao)
Group E: Sweden v Poland (18:00, Dublin)
Group F: Germany v Play-off winner A or D (21:00, Munich)
Group F: Portugal v France (21:00, Budapest)

Top two in each group plus four best third-placed teams go through

* Italy playing all 3 group games in Rome. Reckon they'll go 100 percent also like Euro 2000.

Last edited:

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Think the Italians will make at least the semis. Had them losing in the final to France before the draw but now that they have those 3 group games under their belt like them even more. I know their matches were already pre-determined, playing in Italy etc. But seeing that huge home advantage playing in Rome at the Olimpico, holy *.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
England-Croatia at Wembley man this gets better and better. 3 group games for the Poms, bookies have them as faves I think.

Would *en love to go to that. I might have to watch Italy in Italy and England at Wembley. Would be an awesome experience.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Fans of the 20 qualified teams will be able to apply for tickets to watch their team’s UEFA EURO 2020 games when they go on sale exclusively via EURO2020.com from 14:00 CET on Wednesday 4 December.

Over half the tickets being made available for all games will be in the cheapest price category, with prices for group stage matches starting at €30 (in Baku, Bucharest and Budapest) and €50 in the other host cities.

Tickets for supporters of participating teams
Group stage
: Copenhagen (14,000 tickets for supporters of participating teams)

Group stage: Amsterdam, Baku, Bilbao, Bucharest, Budapest, Dublin, Glasgow and Saint Petersburg (20,000 tickets)

Group stage: Munich, Rome (24,000)

Group stage: London (28,000)

Round of 16: Amsterdam, Bilbao, Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Glasgow and London (12,000)

Quarter-finals: Baku, Munich, Rome and Saint Petersburg (12,000)

Semi-finals: London (24,000)

Back