UEFA EURO 2020 (Italy Champions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Matches will take place from 21 March to 19 November 2019.
DtaOD5GW0AAQcTM.jpg

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What’s Delph doing in there? And Tchaikovsky, he can swan off.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Why are there so many young English players with hyphenated last names?

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why are there so many young English players with hyphenated last names?
There’s only two on that list!

I think there is a tendency now to incorporate both the parents names, mainly because the parents have split up. My bet is Loftus-Cheek and TAA come from single parent homes

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
There’s only two on that list!

I think there is a tendency now to incorporate both the parents names, mainly because the parents have split up. My bet is Loftus-Cheek and TAA come from single parent homes
At Chelsea we’ve got Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Clarke-Salter and Taylor-Crossdale on our books. Then there’s Ward-Prowse, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wan-Bissaka, Calvert-Lewin, Walker-Peters, Maitland-Niles, Smith-Rowe, Hector-Ingram, Christie-Davies, Alexander-Arnold and others I am probably forgetting.

It must be an English thing. Usually in Australia if parents split the kids just keep the father’s surname.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
At Chelsea we’ve got Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Clarke-Salter and Taylor-Crossdale on our books. Then there’s Ward-Prowse, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wan-Bissaka, Calvert-Lewin, Walker-Peters, Maitland-Niles, Smith-Rowe, Hector-Ingram, Christie-Davies, Alexander-Arnold and others I am probably forgetting.

It must be an English thing. Usually in Australia if parents split the kids just keep the father’s surname.
Some of my cousins have hyphenated last names, but their parents are together they’re just not married.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Yeah that’s usually the case here, but obviously this is a newer trend. There’s also this belief that a double-barrelled surname makes you sound more middle class, so maybe there’s that aspect to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Haha Teebos feet have never been good.

Greatest thing about the goal is the fact that Courtois also tried to foul Cherysev in the process which would have been a red card if he succeeded lol.

I can’t help but think Courtois is having one of the biggest nightmare seasons a player can have. Goes to the European champions, is comfortable knowing the class pet Navas will drop to the bench because Zidane has left, the team are in shambles and out of everything by March, Zidane returns to the club on a 3 year contract and immediately drops Courtois for Navas.

That's what happens when an average manager is re-hired and the captain would rather go to the dentist than represent his country.
Not that it should've made a difference as it was Kazakhstan but why didn't Robertson and Fraser play?

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Not that it should've made a difference as it was Kazakhstan but why didn't Robertson and Fraser play?

Robertson is the captain. So he is the player who had the dentist appointment. :p It was a dental operation so a bit unfair to s**t on him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Robertson had a dental operation while Fraser and Paterson didn't play due to "concerns over the artificial pitch". Basically club was prioritised over country and we paid the price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back