UEFA Europa Conference League 2021/22 (Winners: AS Roma)

E9zAy-MWQAApuqr
I've only heard of half those teams

Who are LASK, Alashkery, HJK, Flora, Anorthosis, BODO/GLIMT, Jablonec, Randers, Slovan Bratislava*, Vitesse, Mura, Kairay and Omonoia?

*I know where the city is though, so probably dont need anyone to tell me where they're front.

I've only heard of half those teams

Who are LASK, Alashkery, HJK, Flora, Anorthosis, BODO/GLIMT, Jablonec, Randers, Slovan Bratislava*, Vitesse, Mura, Kairay and Omonoia?

*I know where the city is though, so probably dont need anyone to tell me where they're front.
I know Man United played LASK in a Europa game a couple of years ago, Vitesse has loaned in a lot of Chelsea players in the past.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Well he's not getting results from a second xi. Maybe it's Nuno that's the problem
Or the second XI isnt good enough for a 3rd tier European competition. Some real mid table Southampton/Everton/West Ham squad filler quality players out there like Tanganga, Davies, Winks, Dele, Sanchez, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, Gollini etc.

A level which we have fallen to.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Or the second XI isnt good enough for a 3rd tier European competition. Some real mid table Southampton/Everton/West Ham squad filler quality players out there like Tanganga, Davies, Winks, Dele, Sanchez, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, Gollini etc.

A level which we have fallen to.
I mean the money paid and the players involved should be good enough to best Vitesse. Is it the players not caring or is it the manager not being able to get it out of his players? The lack of ball domination from the team makes me think it's tactical. There was a reason I was anti Nuno at Everton and this is it

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I mean the money paid and the players involved should be good enough to best Vitesse. Is it the players not caring or is it the manager not being able to get it out of his players? The lack of ball domination from the team makes me think it's tactical. There was a reason I was anti Nuno at Everton and this is it
We've had games with ridiculous amounts of possession but no end product, that is an area I think is a Nuno problem. This game was a personnel problem. Winks and Lo Celso with Dele in front of them allowed a sub-top Dutch side outplay them. And questions have to be asked about whether those 3 are actually worthy of a place in a squad that plays European football and aims for the top tier competition?

Would Winks get starts over Ward-Prowse or McGinn at Southampton or Villa? No.
Would Lo Celso get starts over Tielemans or Buendia at Leicester or Villa? No.
Would Dele get starts over Fornals, Benrahma, Gallagher or Mbeumo at West Ham, Palace or Brentford? No.

I think Nuno will cause his own problems in games where we do dominate possession with better quality on the park, and will lose his job at some point this season. But in this comp and any other that he uses our squad players he is hamstrung by them being more than a little bit crap

I mention 8 players in an example about how poor our players are and this is the response....

Your comparison was apples and oranges btw.

You’re comparing our bench players with other clubs starters and asking if they’d start over them.

Well no lol. They don’t start over our guys. A more apt comparison would be to highlight Eve, AV, Soton, WHU bench players and asking if ours are better.

But largely moot as none are all that flash

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
You’re comparing our bench players with other clubs starters and asking if they’d start over them.

Well no lol. They don’t start over our guys. A more apt comparison would be to highlight Eve, AV, Soton, WHU bench players and asking if ours are better.
And that's why we are where we are, which is my point here. Our backup players are no longer good enough to start for mid table or even bottom half PL clubs. Back when we were good enough to compete for CL spots we had a lot better quality all over the park in both the starting XI and the backups, as well as in the dugout.

Our backup CM Sissoko ended up being a CL starting midfielder for us, we often had one of Toby or Jan benched in place of a yet to be proven crap Sanchez, we had Trippier who just won La Liga as a backup, Son was often not starting PL games with Lamela-Eriksen-Dele at their peaks all ahead of him.

Now we have Winks and Lo Celso as our backup CMs. And Winks wouldn't get starts at Villa or Southampton. And Lo Celso's output with us is far worse than what West Ham and Leicester gets out of their comparable players (he is obviously a bad fit for England and/or Nuno/Mourinho). That's why we are a club in third tier European competition just over 2 years on from being in the final of the top tier one.

Back