UEFA Europa Conference League 2021/22 (Winners: AS Roma)

Remove this Banner Ad

And that's why we are where we are, which is my point here. Our backup players are no longer good enough to start for mid table or even bottom half PL clubs. Back when we were good enough to compete for CL spots we had a lot better quality all over the park in both the starting XI and the backups, as well as in the dugout.

Our backup CM Sissoko ended up being a CL starting midfielder for us, we often had one of Toby or Jan benched in place of a yet to be proven crap Sanchez, we had Trippier who just won La Liga as a backup, Son was often not starting PL games with Lamela-Eriksen-Dele at their peaks all ahead of him.

Now we have Winks and Lo Celso as our backup CMs. And Winks wouldn't get starts at Villa or Southampton. And Lo Celso's output with us is far worse than what West Ham and Leicester gets out of their comparable players (he is obviously a bad fit for England and/or Nuno/Mourinho). That's why we are a club in third tier European competition just over 2 years on from being in the final of the top tier one.
Yet but all you do these days is whinge so largely gloss over a lot.

Expect a first class team without the ability to fund it.

Roma & Spurs are / were the 2 main favourites for this tournament and for both of them to lose on the same match day is quite something.
Tbf there's little incentive for these teams to put their best foot forward. League is much higher priority and prize money is a baby carrot. Think both teams might prefer to not be involved at all.

Yet but all you do these days is whinge so largely gloss over a lot.

Expect a first class team without the ability to fund it.
Whinge... could you imagine if my club went from title contending and CL finalists in the space of 2 years to onto their 3rd manager and playing in a competition with less prestige than the Intertoto Cup

Whinge... could you imagine if my club went from title contending and CL finalists in the space of 2 years to onto their 3rd manager and playing in a competition with less prestige than the Intertoto Cup
Yeah shut it Bury fans, we’ve got it tough!

Premier League mid table and meaningless European fixtures is a real burden!

As long as we aren't league 2 and bankrupt you'll be happy with where the club is going. Interesting perspective
Happy/sad is beside the issue.
Come to terms with where we are. Yes.

We are on a slow build as non-football stadia revenue is our Point of Difference and major money maker.
We cannot sustainably compete with those that win, and are in a period of frugal debt reduction.

You see what the squad has become and say unacceptable, borne out of a misplaced notion we should consistently be contending, and that we should attain a NUFC style owner. Neither are true.

Davinson Sanchez has been run ragged by Mura.

Lol the way results went in the other game if we held onto a draw and won our final group game we'd still win the group. Now we need a win to qualify for the extra stage. I'd send the kids out and see what happens. Doubt many of them would be worse than Doherty, Dele, Sanchez, Davies and Gil

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear DBAH0

You follow West Ham.
Tinpot nothing that have done SFA for decades. You’ve enjoyed digging the knife in during Moyes run leading “your best ever team” (which is marginally better than our worst side in 15-20 years lol)

But remember this son, the worm will turn. You will revert back to the mean, so lap it up now. I’ll be here to give it back when you turn to s**t once more.

Art.

Dear DBAH0

You follow West Ham.
Tinpot nothing that have done SFA for decades. You’ve enjoyed digging the knife in during Moyes run leading “your best ever team” (which is marginally better than our worst side in 15-20 years lol)

But remember this son, the worm will turn. You will revert back to the mean, so lap it up now. I’ll be here to give it back when you turn to sh*t once more.

Art.

Sramotno taljenje

Remove this Banner Ad

Back