UEFA Europa Conference League 2021/22 (Winners: AS Roma)

Reckon we’re bowing out here

edit:

We’re f’ed

What's going to happen, youth players to be used to fill the rest of the squad, or a similar situation to that Portuguese game that had 9 men, or postponement or forfeit?

What's going to happen, youth players to be used to fill the rest of the squad, or a similar situation to that Portuguese game that had 9 men, or postponement or forfeit?
So far we’re at 8 first team, 9 staff and some U23s all positive but the number is expected to rise again tomorrow.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Fixture should be played next Thursday.
We are meant to have Leicester next Thursday. If it is 10 days isolation then none of the ones infected will still be available for that game anyway so under UEFA rules we would still be short of the players required

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
We are meant to have Leicester next Thursday. If it is 10 days isolation then none of the ones infected will still be available for that game anyway so under UEFA rules we would still be short of the players required

It's 10 days iso from the sample date. Most of the positive cases were identified earlier this week weren't they? That means they must have been tested on Monday/Tuesday. They will be all good to go by mid next week.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
It's 10 days iso from the sample date. Most of the positive cases were identified earlier this week weren't they? That means they must have been tested on Monday/Tuesday. They will be all good to go by mid next week.
If it was Monday 10 days takes it to next Thursday, Tuesday next Friday. And there may be more cases still to come

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
If more cases come through i can't see how it could be played

Sensible thing would be to play the fixture when the League Cup 1/4 final is on and push the League Cup match back to early January. That would mean your next game would be against us 14 days after the majority of positive tests came through.

I bet the EFL won't want to postpone the 1/4 final though. They wouldn't do it for us when we had a world club championship match on at the same time.

Not sure what the answer is but I doubt the PL will allow a team to go 3 games behind. I read somewhere that if you are fully vaxxed and test negative you can come out of iso after 7 days following a positive. That might be an option.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC

I heard we were more of an attacking threat in this game than we were under nuno in the away leg.

Just forfeit our spot. Was barely worth the hassle finishing 2nd in the group before this. Now it's even worse. Focus on top 4 and West Ham in the LC. Enough hassle fitting all those games in

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I heard we were more of an attacking threat in this game than we were under nuno in the away leg.

Just forfeit our spot. Was barely worth the hassle finishing 2nd in the group before this. Now it's even worse. Focus on top 4 and West Ham in the LC. Enough hassle fitting all those games in

You gotta go for it. Any win and you are through.

How arrogant. Won * all for 3 decades and willing to throw away a cup we can win.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
How arrogant. Won fu** all for 3 decades and willing to throw away a cup we can win.
On this one I agree with jd2010 . It may be a cup we can win but with Covid running through the squad we are likely to be 3 PL games down on everyone that need to be made up. Add in another 9 that would be required for us to win the Conference League. The squad players have shown they aren't good enough to win games in the Conference League so it will be the starters required to win it. I am happy for us to give that us and focus on the domestic cups and the League instead

On this one I agree with jd2010 . It may be a cup we can win but with Covid running through the squad we are likely to be 3 PL games down on everyone that need to be made up. Add in another 9 that would be required for us to win the Conference League. The squad players have shown they aren't good enough to win games in the Conference League so it will be the starters required to win it. I am happy for us to give that us and focus on the domestic cups and the League instead
Highly likely for January reinforcements. If we put out a good side and fail to qualify then oh well. Largely Nuno’s fault.

But damn do I want us to qualify

Back