UEFA Europa League 2018/19

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
A wins a win but its hard to get to excited atm.

Starting to worry about Azpi, looks half tge player he used to be.
Emerson should be our number one LB, how can Sarri not see this.
Kovacic looks much better deep, Kante being Kante.
CHO starts and scores, shock horror.
RLC was classy shock.

Just play the ******* kids Sarri.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Pups will be spewin’ at all this uncontested. ;)

1116907.jpg

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wanted Chelsea and Arsenal to win. More Thursday night games to * with their league form.

Don’t quote me son. I’ve left your crabs alone this morning out of European pedigree respect.
was just being complimentary glen. Good too see teams training appropriately for their opponents. :thumbsu:

In all seriousness, now the competition gets interesting. Should be 16 good teams and some cracking ties.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is there a difference between Thursday night and Sunday games and Wednesday night and Saturday games?
Most of the time the top six play on a Sunday so you do get an extra day in CL plus half the time you play on a Tuesday. Think it’s been proven EL does screw your league schedule to a degree.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Most of the time the top six play on a Sunday so you do get an extra day in CL plus half the time you play on a Tuesday. Think it’s been proven EL does screw your league schedule to a degree.

Fair enough, im not worried about our League form personally as i dont think we'd finish top 4 even without Europa League.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Fair enough, im not worried about our League form personally as i dont think we'd finish top 4 even without Europa League.
Well you’re only one point off it. Anything can still happen. I wouldn’t want Chelsea and Arsenal with a clear run home with no euro distractions just yet. Hopefully you both go out in the QF’s that would be ideal ;)

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Well you’re only one point off it. Anything can still happen. I wouldn’t want Chelsea and Arsenal with a clear run home with no euro distractions just yet. Hopefully you both go out in the QF’s that would be ideal ;)
Once we get play United and your mob we should have a relatively clear run home with (what should be) straight forward league games, but for as long as I have followed Arsenal, nothing is ever straight forward or uncomplicated.

Spurs should be clear enough to finish 3rd at worst. Think you will finally be getting those CL games at WHL, if not late on this season.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Once we get play United and your mob we should have a relatively clear run home with (what should be) straight forward league games, but for as long as I have followed Arsenal, nothing is ever straight forward or uncomplicated.

Spurs should be clear enough to finish 3rd at worst. Think you will finally be getting those CL games at WHL, if not late on this season.

Arsenal have got the easiest run home, but your away form hasn’t been good and you’ve still got to go to the likes of Wolves, Watford and Leicester. You are going to have to sort that out to have a shot at finishing top four. Should pick up lots of points at home though

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Arsenal have got the easiest run home, but your away form hasn’t been good and you’ve still got to go to the likes of Wolves, Watford and Leicester. You are going to have to sort that out to have a shot at finishing top four. Should pick up lots of points at home though
Compared to last season our away form is better, but yeah still not up to standard. Unai does love his real defensive formations away to anyone for some reason, that don't seem to stop the goals he is setting up to protect, needs to stick with a back 4. Wolves, Watford and Leicester will be big games, probably not for the neutral, but massive for the club.

Still, it is United's spot to lose IMO.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There’s some good teams left - Arsenal, Chelsea, Sevilla, Valencia, Inter, Napoli, Benfica. You’ll have to get through at least a couple of tough ties to win it this year I’d imagine

Back