glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Fond memories of watching the Valencia team from the early 2000s. Golden era for them and was hoping they’d win the CL when they made successive finals.

Quality throughout the squad. Cañizares in goal, Ayala was a beast of a centre half. Mendieta in his prime, he did as he pleased. Kily Gonzalez out wide. And my favourite of that era, Aimar. Glorious footballer.

The Mestalla is an awesome stadium, that Carew goal in the quarters still haunts me. Looking forward to tomorrow morning’s game.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Really shits me that it could be an all England final.

After 37 leagues games I’m sick to death of seeing English teams.

I mean, you could watch a few Bundesliga or Serie A games..

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm

After seeing the reversals in the CL semi's, I wouldn't be counting my chickens just yet.

Seems you're arguing against your own side making it here....That, or you fear Chelsea the most.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I mean, you could watch a few Bundesliga or Serie A games..

I mean....I could? But not sure how that’s going to stop Arsenal from playing 38 league games?

After seeing the reversals in the CL semi's, I wouldn't be counting my chickens just yet.

Seems you're arguing against your own side making it here....That, or you fear Chelsea the most.

Not sure where I said it was going to be an all England final, only that it was possible.
Yeah I’m terrified of Chelsea 🙄 or maybe being a European competition it would be nice to face off against teams that aren’t from England.

On current form Arsenal probably beat Valencia away so it may not even matter.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Not sure where I said it was going to be an all England final, only that it was possible.
Yeah I’m terrified of Chelsea 🙄 or maybe being a European competition it would be nice to face off against teams that aren’t from England.

On current form Arsenal probably beat Valencia away so it may not even matter.

Last I checked, England are still a part of Europe.....Heck, they still can't even get BREXIT through for Pete's sake & they also play & partake in the European competitions.

You've played against plenty of other European teams along the way....Clearly, the Pommy competition is the strongest & the best....So you'll need to both meet & beat the best in Europe in order to win the Europa League.

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Can only hear Frankfurt fans on the TV. English fans (bar Liverpool) really need to take notice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
No way Frankfurt wins this. They look so tired and habe for the last few weeks. You can tell is their 49th game this season

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
No way Frankfurt wins this. They look so tired and habe for the last few weeks. You can tell is their 49th game this season

Back