UEFA Europa League 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Vitesse vs Basel and Rangers vs Maribor look like the 2 biggest games out of this.
Hopefully rangers do not get in trouble for the violence before the games on Thursday. It has been an important part of Australian football, the Scottish premier league.

Well, judging by the lack of reaction to the Europa League, maybe the local TV networks were justified in not showing the game at all?

Yeah, absolutely no TV coverage for the Burnley game in the Europa. That is disgusting.

They won 1-0 in extra time at Turfmoor against Basaksekhir (Turkey). They will now face Olympacos... this should be fun.

Also, Poland again confirm that their domestic league really is the pits. Legia Warsaw just lost 4-3 on aggeragte to F91 Duderange of Luxembourg (Hello!) A 2-2 draw sealing their fate.

And believe when I say that the Polish league is not much chop these fans. Fans have made a great analogy in regards to their league.

Why the interest over Zorya, if you don't mind me asking?
In my history I clicked on that page on July 24th. Not sure what the reason was for that at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dl7QDplWsAE_0ID.jpg:large

Carrier Bags seem to keep getting an English team.

I don't get it... Why would Burnley go second string this early into the season? At least get to the group stage for even a bit of coin, so then they can play second string there.

The Dudes are in a super tough group. Hey, regardless of group, they were always bottoming out, but maybe the glamour ties might spur on the boys to something better?

Fun Fact: Luxembourg is officially the new record holder for the lowest ranked league to have a team make it to the Group Stage of any Euro comp at 48th out of 55. The previous lowest was Finland with HKJ just three seasons ago? Ranked at 36th.

Also... huzzah! Red Bull Derby! Let's hope the Celtic fans don't get confused as to which city they need to travel to.

I don't get it... Why would Burnley go second string this early into the season?

So they can concentrate on the league. Maybe even do well enough to qualify for European competition next season.

At which point they"ll treat it as an inconvenience rather than something to enjoy and celebrate.

Last edited:
So they can concentrate on the league. Maybe even do well enough to qualify for European competition next season.

At which point they"ll treat it as an inconvenience rather than something to enjoy and celebrate.
Reckon their poor start to the season had a bit to do with it

Also three playoff rounds may have taken their toll out of them, no free kicks for them into the group, unlike Arsenal (Chelsea won the FA Cup at least so deserved their starting spot)

I don't get it... Why would Burnley go second string this early into the season? At least get to the group stage for even a bit of coin, so then they can play second string there.

The Dudes are in a super tough group. Hey, regardless of group, they were always bottoming out, but maybe the glamour ties might spur on the boys to something better?

Fun Fact: Luxembourg is officially the new record holder for the lowest ranked league to have a team make it to the Group Stage of any Euro comp at 48th out of 55. The previous lowest was Finland with HKJ just three seasons ago? Ranked at 36th.

Also... huzzah! Red Bull Derby! Let's hope the Celtic fans don't get confused as to which city they need to travel to.

To protect themselves from relegation, it's the same thing we did.

Most of the clubs that have tanked cups to avoid relegation have ended up relegated anyway.

Can think of Bolton, Villa both tanking Europe/UEFA Cup. I think it just sends clubs on a downhill spiral.

First Euro campaign in an age, and this is how it goes down. At least get to the group stage, and not treat the comp like trash. Otherwise, why even exist?

And I do talk about the Southamptons, and the West Hams as well.

Reckon their poor start to the season had a bit to do with it

Also three playoff rounds may have taken their toll out of them, no free kicks for them into the group, unlike Arsenal (Chelsea won the FA Cup at least so deserved their starting spot)

The worst part of all this is that Burnley did no strengthening to their team at all. One is meant to consolidate and make their 2nd string stronger. They only got two players.

And don't tell its because they are little Burnley. Their board is known to be prudish.

To protect themselves from relegation, it's the same thing we did.
You got relegated that season, and you didn't even make the Group Stage.

I know tanking the League Cup almost cost us the 12/13 Playoffs and almost got Pearson sacked (We had better form then Cardiff, and we could've won the title that season).

Most of the clubs that have tanked cups to avoid relegation have ended up relegated anyway.

Can think of Bolton, Villa both tanking Europe/UEFA Cup. I think it just sends clubs on a downhill spiral.

I agree. It's a bad message. You're football clubs, you play to win, no matter the comp.

We never gave up on Champions League when it looked like we could be relegated. I expected Burnley to at least put in an effort for their first trip in an age.

You got relegated that season, and you didn't even make the Group Stage.

I know tanking the League Cup almost cost us the 12/13 Playoffs and almost got Pearson sacked (We had better form then Cardiff, and we could've won the title that season).

Which is my point. It's dumb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back