kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
They're so salty
LOL I don't think you know what salty means.

It's very defensive from you, and glen, and those Arse fans rushing (almost like sheep themselves) to throw the likes. It's almost like you lot can't handle some gentle ribbing about being a clearly inferior team after giving it out for so many years when we were the ones traveling to Qarabag.

Very defensive indeed. Almost like it truly hurts.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
mxhf2m7sf5i21.jpg

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
LOL I don't think you know what salty means.

It's very defensive from you, and glen, and those Arse fans rushing (almost like sheep themselves) to throw the likes. It's almost like you lot can't handle some gentle ribbing about being a clearly inferior team after giving it out for so many years when we were the ones traveling to Qarabag.

Very defensive indeed. Almost like it truly hurts.

That’s very cute of you buddy. It’s enjoyable seeing your little sheep pack dish it out but struggle to take it :D

Like this little gem:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...gue-2018-19-round-of-16.1196594/post-59615879

So going off your own rules you’ve instilled, the question can be asked, what are you doing here? ;)

1112610.jpg

1115113.jpg

1116364.jpg

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
That’s very cute of you buddy. It’s enjoyable seeing your little sheep pack dish it out but struggle to take it :D

Like this little gem:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...gue-2018-19-round-of-16.1196594/post-59615879

So going off your own rules you’ve instilled, the question can be asked, what are you doing here? ;)

1112610.jpg

1115113.jpg

1116364.jpg

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haha apart from MD36, or whatever it was, I've always been able to take the good with the bad in a very Zen-like fashion. I must say that I accept the no trophies jibes with far more grace than you accept the jibes about losing to a Belarussian tractor company with passive-aggressive Simpsons memes, but then again, I very much enjoy your Simpsons-based posting, so I'm not complaining.

As for me being here, part of being superior is always checking in on those who are inferior, giving them gentle encouragement when needed and occasionally poking fun.

Also, visiting this thread evokes a strange kind of self-deprecating nostalgia. Not in a "damn, I miss those days way," but a "wow, look how far we've come." It helps you appreciate where we are now, and there's no small enjoyment taken from reveling in how far others have fallen after years of having no choice but to cop the mockery. Feels good, you know.

Haha I also have no doubt that after we lose 4-0 in Dortmund in a few weeks time, it will be the Arsenal fans who will be the first to beginthe pile on.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Haha apart from MD36, or whatever it was, I've always been able to take the good with the bad in a very Zen-like fashion. I must say that I accept the no trophies jibes with far more grace than you accept the jibes about losing to a Belarussian tractor company with passive-aggressive Simpsons memes, but then again, I very much enjoy your Simpsons-based posting, so I'm not complaining.

As for me being here, part of being superior is always checking in on those who are inferior, giving them gentle encouragement when needed and occasionally poking fun.

Also, visiting this thread evokes a strange kind of self-deprecating nostalgia. Not in a "damn, I miss those days way," but a "wow, look how far we've come." It helps you appreciate where we are now, and there's no small enjoyment taken from reveling in how far others have fallen after years of having no choice but to cop the mockery. Feels good, you know.

Haha I also have no doubt that after we lose 4-0 in Dortmund in a few weeks time, it will be the Arsenal fans who will be the first to being the pile on.

I certainly hear you. All makes sense, and it’s all in good fun. I’d say the vast majority (aside from Doctor Sheepo) take this stuff in their stride and enjoys the banter each way.

It’s a tad amusing though how seriously some take it, like it genuinely matters. It’s an internet forum, for a bit of discussion and enjoyment here and there.

And yep, there he is. Right on cue. Sheepism 101, Exhibit A.

The bloke so obsessed with what occurs in north London despite living approx 17,000kms away. Obsessed with props Arsenal use in training, what the fans say on Twitter, the official attendance Arsenal announces despite the empty seats at the Emirates.

And that’s just off the top of my head, I’m sure there’s numerous more examples. Amazed how seriously you seem to take this s**t.

Nice little ninja edit by the way, too late however. I read it in its entirety, nice try ;)

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh glen, a name change, you flatter me. :D

Just returning them favours is all. Plenty piled on after Gent. It’s just laughing at a rival, just some fun really.

It does amuse me how upset a ribbing makes you btw. I do recall a few cracking it for giving stuck into Hawforn btw...

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Upset? Classic :D

Shouldn’t mistake being upset with having a chortle. Genuinely do find it amusing how head*ed you seem to be at times, there’s something unique about the Hawthorn/Arsenal combination that makes you compelling viewing.

A treasure to this board ;)

Self awareness problems glen?

I know about me, but why isn’t jibes about trophies, cup defeats, this “shadow”, somehow being the pride of NL or our years in Spursday Night football not considered an obsession.

It’s a two way street glen yet there seems to be judgment from that high horse.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
All valid points that account for the majority of posters on both ends of the fence. Rarely do they partake to the level of obsession you do, with key touchpoints being Arsenal, Chelsea and Hawthorn.

No such self awareness problems here buddy. You’re in a league of your own with how serious you take this s**t, as has been raised to you before. Classic stuff. Enjoyed this chat, thank you :)

CHO starts and gets into the team of the week, coincidence :think:? Lichsteiner, Mustafi and Xhaka are players you generally wouldn't see in a team of the week either (well, this season for Lichsteiner anyway).

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Happy to avoid Napoli.

Very much agreed. I think they’ll win it all, from an Arsenal perspective we’d need to hope to avoid a big gun like them as much as possible (ie, like Atletico last year where we eventually were knocked out).

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Very much agreed. I think they’ll win it all, from an Arsenal perspective we’d need to hope to avoid a big gun like them as much as possible (ie, like Atletico last year where we eventually were knocked out).
Yeah, they are the team to beat.

If Sarri is still managing us it'd be quite the emotional match up(im sure UEFA would love this).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back