UEFA Europa League 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

You must have seen all the banter about him joining Chelsea as a director.
Arse fans calling him a double agent . It was likely innocent , but the Chelsea account might have been part joking.

Reminds me of when that Dutch defender joined Inter from Lazio..
and he made a critical mistake that cost Lazio a place in the champions league as they faced Inter.
He was also our goalkeeper for the most successful period in our existence.. on top of being one of the best all time in the PL. Think we’re allowed to send him off without it apparently being a dig at him/Arsenal.

Arse fans calling him a double agent . It was likely innocent , but the Chelsea account might have been part joking.

and he made a critical mistake that cost Lazio a place in the champions league as they faced Inter.

Double agent jokes aside, he’s a Chelsea legend that has retired. If they didn’t say anything at all, that would probably be more wrong.

I think your obsession is making you see things that just aren't there. Cech is a god to Chelsea so why wouldn't we say congratulations on ending a great career.

But if I had to choose a player from United, I’d place Cantona, Keane, Scholes, CR7 all ahead of him..

That is like saying, “Yeah, Ryan Giggs was a great footballer but I think four of the greatest Premier League era footballers were all better than him...”

Ryan Giggs was literally doing stuff that has made Lionel Messi famous in the 90s. One of the greatest footballers England has ever seen and anyone that doesn’t think so is just being stubborn.

That is like saying, “Yeah, Ryan Giggs was a great footballer but I think four of the greatest Premier League era footballers were all better than him...”

Ryan Giggs was literally doing stuff that has made Lionel Messi famous in the 90s. One of the greatest footballers England has ever seen and anyone that doesn’t think so is just being stubborn.

? Odd response.

I never said that.

? Odd response.

I never said that.

Yes, your mistake is saying that Giggs is overrated in these discussions. He was a superb footballer. I get everyone has a different opinion but with Giggs, I think some people don’t appreciate just how amazing he was.

Giggs is the greatest premier league player of all time. People forget how good he was because his last six or seven seasons were average, but there was about a dozen seasons before that where he was often unplayable

Giggs is the greatest premier league player of all time. People forget how good he was because his last six or seven seasons were average, but there was about a dozen seasons before that where he was often unplayable
Hahaha not this again Welly!

Yes, your mistake is saying that Giggs is overrated in these discussions. He was a superb footballer. I get everyone has a different opinion but with Giggs, I think some people don’t appreciate just how amazing he was.

Your reaction has pretty much proved my initial point.

He wouldn’t even be the best United footballer of the PL era imo.

Your reaction has pretty much proved my initial point.

He wouldn’t even be the best United footballer of the PL era imo.

You can think that. United had many world class footballers in the PL era. So calling Cantona, Keane, Ronaldo, Scholes etc better than Giggs is fine.

I took exception to you calling Giggs overrated and because I reacted the way I did, you think it proves your point that Giggs was overrated?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can think that. United had many world class footballers in the PL era. So calling Cantona, Keane, Ronaldo, Scholes etc better than Giggs is fine.

I took exception to you calling Giggs overrated and because I reacted the way I did, you think it proves your point that Giggs was overrated?

There’s always a bit of defensiveness on this board when it’s mentioned Giggs is overrated. However, overrated doesn’t mean he’s bad.

In my opinion, he’s not the best United footballer of the PL era. Which is essentially what I said at the outset, there’s others at United I’d take ahead of him.

Great footballer, did it over a longer period of time than most. But better than Keane, Cantona or Scholes? For me, no.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...enal-and-chelsea-europa-league-final-backlash

Ceferin said: "Whenever we have English clubs, whenever we have complaints. You don't help yourself in the popularity within European football with that.

"If somebody asks me why we played in Baku, I would say: People live there, homo sapiens live there.

"If we have two Azerbaijani teams playing in London nobody would complain. They would come and play without any problems.

"We decided a year and a half ago that we play in Baku which has a modern stadium of 70,000. I think there is only one stadium in England that is bigger.

"They had to watch the game at 11pm because of the time difference but nobody complained.

Ceferin, who was re-elected unopposed in January to begin a for a new four-year presidency, has insisted that UEFA will keep Baku as a host city for Euro 2020, despite the problems surrounding this year's Europa League final.

"We have to develop football everywhere not England, Germany only," he added.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back