UEFA Europa League 2019/20

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Penalty to United and a red card because the defender did a Suarez.

This is too long a VAR check for the red card and the ref is going to the monitor to have a look. The defender dived and save it with his arm. Lol, definite red card. What a waste of time this is.

All that to confirm the red card. Embarrassing stuff.

I can only think he was trying to look if Mignolet would've saved it or not. In any case, absolute brain fart by Deli. Totally ruined the game.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I can only think he was trying to look if Mignolet would've saved it or not. In any case, absolute brain fart by Deli. Totally ruined the game.

That was what the commentators said was probably happening. But to me, when you’re the keepers last line of defence and you dive right in front of him with an outstretched arm for a shot that is intended to go on target (of course), it should always be a red card even if it’s going just wide.

But tbf, VAR is there to make 100% sure.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Pretty good at assisting them too! Couldn't ask for more from him so far. Has been fantastic.

Yep, no criticism of Bruno’s play. He has been an absolute gun since coming to the club.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Would have scored regardless of the sending off lol

LOL at the laugh emoji from Bradesmaen. He doesn’t realise that even without the red card, Bruno made it 1-0 from the penalty spot.

Back