Europa Lg UEFA Europa League 2022/23 (Winners: Sevilla)

Remove this Banner Ad

Confused The Point GIF by Travis

The point is don’t tar professional footballers just because little shits are running lower level referees from the game. Those kids are the responsibility of their parents.

The point is don’t tar professional footballers just because little shits are running lower level referees from the game. Those kids are the responsibility of their parents.

Mate, to be fair professional footballers are disgraceful with the way they carry on. Every time a penalty is awarded for example, literally every player from the offending team surrounds and abuses the referee. Add to this the ridiculous carry on after almost every foul, with the constant play acting and rolling around as though shot and kids know nothing else.

Of course, bad parents don't help but surely professional footballers need to be better?

Mate, to be fair professional footballers are disgraceful with the way they carry on. Every time a penalty is awarded for example, literally every player from the offending team surrounds and abuses the referee. Add to this the ridiculous carry on after almost every foul, with the constant play acting and rolling around as though shot and kids know nothing else.

Of course, bad parents don't help but surely professional footballers need to be better?

Yeah, I definitely agree that the carry on is ridiculous. I will often see a player screaming at the referee for a corner and the replay will show that the ball clearly came on him last. So yes, professional players do need to be better.

Kids do imitate their heroes but also imitate their parents. A good kid will probably not yell at a referee to imitate Bruno as it’s not in that kids nature, but a kid raised in a shitty environment probably would yell at the referee.

I would be all for a yellow card for professionals that yell at the referee and surround/intimidate him.

None of this would occur if refs called fouls when players stay on their feet and don’t flop.

They do it so their interference is noticed

None of this would occur if refs called fouls when players stay on their feet and don’t flop.

They do it so their interference is noticed

Agreed.

I’m more aggrieved by players who abuse referees when things go against them. Whatever happened to the ref is always right? Certainly as a kid I was taught to respect the referee.

Yeah, I definitely agree that the carry on is ridiculous. I will often see a player screaming at the referee for a corner and the replay will show that the ball clearly came on him last. So yes, professional players do need to be better.

Kids do imitate their heroes but also imitate their parents. A good kid will probably not yell at a referee to imitate Bruno as it’s not in that kids nature, but a kid raised in a shitty environment probably would yell at the referee.

I would be all for a yellow card for professionals that yell at the referee and surround/intimidate him.
Kids kiss their arms as if they are tattoos like players, they kiss their rings that they don't have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kids of course imitate their heroes, but what they do on the pitch in sports (Or behavior anywhere outside of home in public for that matter) has a lot to do with how they’re raised by their parents.

Too much passing the buck these days from parents to teachers and other elements of society when it's their responsibility at the end of the day.

Bruno does a dance with Balde. What was he thinking
Shocked to be sitting here that you think that should have been a penalty. 😂

You wouldn’t if it was a Manchester United penalty.

Grabbed him on the arm. Once the ref gave it it was never changing

It’s pretty annoying that it was given but just as annoying that Balde was covered. Bruno made his bed (albeit a soft penalty) and now it’s 1-0.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back