UEFA Nations League 2020–21 (France Champions)

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
The 55 UEFA national teams were divided into four leagues, with Leagues A, B and C featuring 16 teams each, divided into four groups of four teams. League D will feature 7 teams divided into two groups, with one containing four teams and the other containing three. The teams were allocated to leagues based on the 2018–19 UEFA Nations League overall ranking.

In the top division, League A, teams compete to become the UEFA Nations League champions. The four group winners of League A qualify for the Nations League Finals, which is played in a knockout format consisting of the semi-finals, third place play-off, and final.

Teams also compete for promotion and relegation to a higher or lower league. In Leagues B, C and D, the group winners are promoted, while the last-placed teams of each group in Leagues A and B are relegated.

I believe all the games will be shown on Optus Sport.

League A upcoming fixtures.

Group 1

4 September 2020 Italy v Bosnia and Herzegovina
4 September 2020 Netherlands v Poland
7 September 2020 Bosnia and Herzegovina v Poland
7 September 2020 Netherlands v Italy

Group 2

5 September 2020 Iceland v England
5 September 2020 Denmark v Belgium
8 September 2020 Belgium v Iceland
8 September 2020 Denmark v England

Group 3

5 September 2020 Portugal v Croatia
5 September 2020 Sweden v France
8 September 2020 France v Croatia
8 September 2020 Sweden v Portugal

Group 4

3 September 2020 Germany v Spain
3 September 2020 Ukraine v Switzerland
6 September 2020 Spain v Ukraine
6 September 2020 Switzerland v Germany

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Stand out games for me are

Netherlands v Italy
Portugal v Croatia
Germany v Spain

I don't know what Jack Grealish has to do to get picked for England. He's better than any of Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips, James Ward-Prowse, Harry Winks - who all got the call.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Pogba has tested positive for Covid-19 so he will miss the Sweden and Croatia games.

Six Chelsea players have tested positive and two more are in isolation. Jorginho, Ross Barkley, Emerson, Michy Batshuayi, Mason Mount, Fikayo Tomori, Tammy Abraham and Christian Pulisic. You would think Mount and Abraham will miss the two international games.

They haven't said whether any of them are sick.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Grealish finally gets a call up for England. Mason Mount dropped out so Southgate selects Maitland-Niles. Then Harry Winks drops out and Grealish is picked.

I don't understand either of those decisions. Grealish was the natural replacement for Mount. Maitland-Niles was the right replacement for Winks. He got there in the end I guess.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Germany 0, Spain 0 at halftime. Rodrigo had a golden opportunity to opening the scoring when he had an open goal outside the 18 yard box but took a couple of unnecessary touches and the keeper closed him down quickly. Leroy Sane has had the ball in very good positions that half but kept making wrong decisions.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
awesome to have some games back on. Beauties coming up as mentioned and France-Croatia also a ripper.

Unlucky Germany. Got done like Italy vs Holland at Euro 08 for RVN's opener in contenious fashion. They are the rules though.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Spain equalise in the last few seconds to salvage a point against Germany. 1-1 at full time.

It was a good open game but quite a few wasted opportunities in the final third. Spain are a lot more direct under Enrique. Both teams played similar styles. A mix of short and long passes to create an overload. It's a shame Traore couldn't play. Navas wasn't much chop so he was subbed off at half time. The youngster Fati struggled at first then grew into it. I reckon Werner and Rodrigo will both score a few goals in the Premier League this coming season.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Bosnia lead Italy 1-0. Italy are just a little bit sh*t.

Eye ties deserved a point but they are nothing spesh. Dzeko was brilliant for Benson & Hedges.

The other group A game, Netherlands v Poland was a shocker.

Some better games to look forward to tomorrow morning.

Iceland v England
Denmark v Belgium
Portugal v Croatia
Sweden v France

Back