MMA-UFC UFC 154 - GSP v Condit

Who Will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pumped for this event, Can't wait to see GSP back & also how Condit goes against him. Hendricks v Kampmann will also make for a great fight. Carmont is on a good run & even the undercard has some good looking bouts.

Anyway, thought I'd get this card going early for discussion & news on the event as it approaches.

MAIN CARD:
  • Champ Georges St-Pierre vs. interim champ Carlos Condit (to unify UFC welterweight title)
  • Johny Hendricks vs. Martin Kampmann
  • Tom Lawlor vs. Francis Carmont
  • Cyrille Diabate vs. Chad Griggs
  • Mark Hominick vs. Pablo Garza
PRELIMINARY CARD:
  • Mark Bocek vs. Rafael dos Anjos
  • Patrick Cote vs. Alessio Sakara
  • John Makdessi vs. Sam Stout
  • Antonio Carvalho vs. Rodrigo Damm
  • Azamat Gashimov vs. Ivan Menjivar
  • Stephen Thompson vs. Besam Yousef
  • Steven Siller vs. Darren Elkins

UFC Press Announcement:

UFC Site Video:
http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-154-ticket-on-sale-presser

Link to event page on UFC Site: Here
Wikipedia event link.

Some of those Prelims should be on the main card I reckon.

Kawwww.. that's a bit nasty? What's wrong with hoping for a thoroughly entertaining bout, and for Hendricks to drop him like Fitch? :D

It's a weird thing really, but I dont really warm to Hendrick, but I think that Kampmann is a gun! I dont have any specific moments to supper my feelings, it's just how I feel. When I first heard the fight announcement, I immediately wanted Kampmann to destroy him :D

I heard Condit's training camp for this fight is with the Albuquerque Track and Field team...

I heard Condit's training camp for this fight is with the Albuquerque Track and Field team...

His cardio will be good with all that gold around his waist.

Carlos-Condit.jpg

The Natural Born Runner wears Fools Gold - Diaz won rounds 1, 2 and 5.

The only way Georges can lose is if he blows out his knee chasing Carlos around the Octagon...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has been decided, the great Jab & Mighty CA will be watching this event together. Booze will be drank & significant others may be sent shopping.

However Mrs CA wants to see GSP fight. Thats exactly what replays are for.

It has been decided, the great Jab & Mighty CA will be watching this event together. Booze will be drank & significant others may be sent shopping.

However Mrs CA wants to see GSP fight. Thats exactly what replays are for.

Looking forward to it :thumbsu:

Tell Mrs CA that she can go to the movies again* ;) :D

*Dont tell her that it was from me though.

The fool in this scenario is Diaz. Letting a guy outstrike you while you put your arms in the air and complain does not equal winning. No back up plan and an inablility to pass a drug test also add weight to this claim.

condit lost me that fight, fan till then, dont say your gonna please fans and do taht s**t

GSP will win (Condit no joke standing)

condit lost me that fight, fan till then, dont say your gonna please fans and do taht s**t

GSP will win (Condit no joke standing)

Must have been a real fan.... the guys got something like 25 stoppages from 27 wins overall! He fought a very smart fight by not playing to his opponents strength.

Must have been a real fan.... the guys got something like 25 stoppages from 27 wins overall! He fought a very smart fight by not playing to his opponents strength.
Yep I agree, not sure why you would stop being a fan because of one fight that you didn't enjoy. And the pleasing fans thing, I suppose he should have told everyone his game plan before the fight rather than say it's going to be a dog fight. That would have been smart.

I would think he lost a lot of potential fans with that performance. Yes it may have been a smart tactic, however in the end he just didn't back his stand up against a far superior fighter (in all facets), after saying he was going to do so - and yes I realise pre fight smack talk doesn't involve making known a fighters actual strategy.

The fight was controversial for a reason - it was close and could of went either way. Rogan had Diaz winning when he re-watched it, and even though his is just another opinion, it is a respected one in the MMA community.

In the end, Diaz should have made more of an attempt to take him down and jitz his arse once he realised Condit was not going to stand and bang. If that round where Diaz had his back would of went a bit longer it was game over - Diaz owned him on the mat. Regardless it was 1, 2 and 5 for me, however the judges didn't see it like that.

And for those that bang on about Diaz pissing dirty - really? Eight days before hand would have had no effect on his performance at all. In general pot would have no effect on performance at all. Clutching at straws here.

With that being said, I don't think Condit will put in another effort like that against GSP. Georges is the master of point pinching.

Didn't back his stand up? He spent the entire fight doing just that! Diaz was the one who tried to take the fight to the ground and was only sucessful once.

As for Diaz pissing dirty, he did! Even if the judges had awarded him the win, he wouldn't be holding the interim title right now and would not be fighting GSP in a few weeks time.... he'd be serving a year long suspension for using an illegal substance. Dismiss it as much as you like, but it's a fact.

Rogan is a fairly respected voice in MMA, I'll give you that. Here are three people that disagreed with him who's say in the matter is a little more important: Cecil Peoples, Patricia Morse Jarman and Junichiro Kamijo. TheIr opinions were backed up by fight metric:

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/2/5/27...az-vs-carlos-condit-fight-metric-report-shows

Cecil Peoples seems to be involved in every disgusting decision awarded these days, but putting that aside and focusing on Fight Metric statistical data, Condit wins purely on "significant" leg strikes. Firstly, significant is a subjective term, as what may appear significant to one, may not to another. I hazard a guess here, but Diaz didn't appear too phased by those significant leg kicks when he was pressing the action and taking the fight to Condit the whole 5 rounds. It might be just me, but if those leg kicks were significant Diaz wouldn't of been able to relentlessly press the action like he did.

Octagon control was completely disregarded in this fight in my opinion. And whilst the Judges opinion is more important than Rogan's in terms of the fight, they are hardly always respected and known for getting it right - as the UFC have continuously stated since it's inception.

As for pissing dirty, yep fair enough technically he did, however if he had of declared his medical reference it would of been fine. Which pretty much dismisses whatever performance enhancing stigma purported in the original claims by the NSAC.

Lastly, Condit massively deviated from his original stand and bang style when he opposed Diaz, which is what I meant in the previous post (and to me confirmation from Greg Jackson that Diaz is superior in all fighting aspects and the only way to win was to stick and move, consequently losing respect and fans - also see Clay Guida).

Back