MMA-UFC UFC 157: Rousey vs Carmouche

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the Primetime, wasn't bad. Touching story to finish it off obviously, I felt uncomfortable watching that.

I'd rather see more training camp stuff though, just a preference.
I haven't seen it yet, but you can't expect the early episode to focus mostly on the training aspect.

To engage casual fans that aren't familiar with either fighter you have to focus on the personality's to give the viewer a reason to care otherwise it won't work. All countdown's or primetime's follow that formula.

There are still 2 episodes to go so plenty of time to build up the actual fight.

I did enjoy that, like Jay C said, there's another 2 eps to go, so, what.. an hr all up? A lot of time to only focus on training. Heck, a lot of extended previews for fights go into background stories and lifestyle etc. I saw a great one about Cain Velasquez a few years ago which made me that much more of a supporter for him. I like to be engaged by the life of the fighter and not just the fight, much in the same way that if I am about to watch 2 guys i've never heard of before - I mightn't be quite as interested.

I haven't seen it yet, but you can't expect the early episode to focus mostly on the training aspect.

To engage casual fans that aren't familiar with either fighter you have to focus on the personality's to give the viewer a reason to care otherwise it won't work. All countdown's or primetime's follow that formula.

There are still 2 episodes to go so plenty of time to build up the actual fight.
Oh of course, I've seen Countdowns and Primetimes before. I'm just saying my personal preference on fighters I don't really dig is to see more training camp footage and stories.

Apparently Mendes will be fighting Clay Guida.

Or not. From Chad's twitter:
All I've seen is this one MMA forum with someone saying that Mendes and Guida will be fighting in San Jose. If that's true then it'll be the UFC on Fox card in April. That sucks, I was looking forward to seeing Mendes fight soon.

All I've seen is this one MMA forum with someone saying that Mendes and Guida will be fighting in San Jose. If that's true then it'll be the UFC on Fox card in April. That sucks, I was looking forward to seeing Mendes fight soon.
Its unfortunate but finding someone on Mendes level on two weeks notice isn't possible. He has beaten his last two opponents as easily as you could so the UFC owes him a quality match up.

Would have liked a bit more air time on Machida v Hendo and Faber v Menjivar.

13 minutes is a little light on.

Nah. Why would you want more Henderson and Machida? Second stringers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting point raised by Menjivar, that would change the whole dynamic of the sport as we know it. Guys would be going up in weight classes left, right & centre for fear of being too dehydrated for their fight and gassing out, some notable title holders would be among those names too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back