MMA-UFC UFC 168 Weidman vs Silva II

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that Weidman could take him down and grind him down at will answers it for me. the mat was never Anderson's strongsuit, but the fact that he's been beaten from standing twice now is the biggest factor of all. Weidman could've easily done the Sonnen thing, and 10 times better, but he doesn't have to. That, to me shows how good he is.

Yeah, I don't buy it. The fella has won the title and then defended it against a ninja and he deserves the belt, but I reckon Machida and Jacare would take if off him tomorrow if given the chance.

:eek:

She all yours bro!
394377-maxim-ronda-rousey.jpg

Yeah pass:rolleyes:

I know it's the interwebz and we all bang supermodels and possess impressive wangs, but I have never met a lad who isn't gay that would knock that back.
How much choice would ya have if she set the sights on ya though lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible to see anyone break their leg like that, absolutely horrible. Anderson's had an amazing career and it'd be sad to see him go out like this. It'll take a long time for him to be able to fight again and who knows how diminished he'd be because of it. Weidman looked great and I think he'd have gone on to win if that didn't happen. Ugh, there's some extremely annoying Anderson and Weidman fans on MMA websites after the fight.

The Rousey/Tate fight was great. Rousey was just way better than Tate and was pretty much in control throughout the whole fight. Tate landed some decent punches early and got a nice takedown in the first round, but that's about it. Rousey got the better of the stand-up after Tate had some early success and threw Tate all around the octagon. Then Rousey dominated on the ground. I couldn't care less about Rousey not shaking Tate's hand. Nowhere near as bad as this from Tate.

I thought Miller should have got submission of the night, that was a brilliant armbar. It was a better finish than Rousey's and she got fight of the night anyway. Poirier was impressive and Browne was very impressive. Browne has the scariest elbows from that position and this time there was no doubt about the legality of them, the knee just prior to the elbows was great too.

That was the worst UFC in a while
Rousey and the other bloke had fight of the night
Silva, Ouch....feel bad for guy. Hopefully he can come back.
Miller has a gigantic sized head and needed it. Was getting beat up, unlucky loss for camoes.
Johnson haha was not expecting that ko

The ending to UFC 168 left me pretty depressed, and that's a real shame because the rest of the card was so great.

To see arguably the greatest fighter of all time have something like that happen to him just left me lost for words and unfortunately it's likely that this could be how he goes out. Getting KO'd because he clowned around and a sickening broken leg. Just sucks.

As for Weidman he has a huge test against Belfort and I think everyone is looking forward to how he handles that.

Rousey/Tate was easily the best fight on the card (not hard when most were 1st round finishes). It was always going to be tough for Tate as her main strength is her submission game and we all know how much better Ronda is in that area. For Tate she had to win it on the feet but unfortunately for her she just doesn't have the power some other girls in the division have. But Tate can hold her head high as most people (me included) thought it would play out similar to their 1st fight.

Browne proved a lot of people wrong again (except me as I picked him via KO ;). Browne's takedown defence is among the best in the HW division and as I expected it would be hard for Barnett to get the fight to the ground. But those elbows were just brutal, something for his opponents to think about if they try for the takedown.

Was just thinking how interesting the MW title picture is now. Overall the division still lacks the depth that other divisions have but the relatively new additions of Machida, Jacare and Mousasi to the UFC's 185 divison is very exciting.

Weidman/Belfort next for the title. After that it's probably the Machida/Mousasi winner or Jacare getting a title shot. Win or lose against Cormier, if Evans could drop down that would create some cool fights too. Chael could drop down to 185 after his fight with Wanderlei and make a run for the title now that Anderson isn't occupying the throne too.

Quick question guys......If Silva has metal inserted can he fight with it still in or does he have to have it removed before he can fight

Quick question guys......If Silva has metal inserted can he fight with it still in or does he have to have it removed before he can fight
These days they don't remove rods or pins unless they restrict movement in which case they have to. More. Trouble than its worth.

I'd say he'll have a rod and pins in I'd say which will stay in for life

Was just thinking how interesting the MW title picture is now. Overall the division still lacks the depth that other divisions have but the relatively new additions of Machida, Jacare and Mousasi to the UFC's 185 divison is very exciting.

Weidman/Belfort next for the title. After that it's probably the Machida/Mousasi winner or Jacare getting a title shot. Win or lose against Cormier, if Evans could drop down that would create some cool fights too. Chael could drop down to 185 after his fight with Wanderlei and make a run for the title now that Anderson isn't occupying the throne too.
Looks like Jacare is fighting Francis Carmont in Feb too, who's not too bad himself, but the rest of the general Middleweight mainstays aren't much chop as far as title contention goes, Boetch, Rochold, Belcher, Bisping, Philippou, they're just not in the same league as guys like Weidman, Vitor, Jacare, Machida.

If they can be compared at all - Micky Barlow played for 6 months or so before having a pin removed from his leg the following offseason. It's probably apples & oranges though with the respective sports, but the main thing being that he returned to an elite level with it so who knows..

Looks like Jacare is fighting Francis Carmont in Feb too, who's not too bad himself, but the rest of the general Middleweight mainstays aren't much chop as far as title contention goes, Boetch, Rochold, Belcher, Bisping, Philippou, they're just not in the same league as guys like Weidman, Vitor, Jacare, Machida.

Forgot about that fight being booked. Jacare should win that easily. Carmont beating Philippou so easily was impressive but prior to that he had controversial decision wins over the likes of Tom Lawlor and Lorenz Larkin.

Yeah, if Weidman defends the title successfully a few times he'll probably end up facing some guys who aren't at the level the initial challengers are. Rockhold lost an early fight but since then has only lost to Belfort and even beat Jacare. I can't recall the fight well but I remember that plenty of people believe Jacare should have won though. Outside of the Wanderlei fight, Bisping has only lost to the very top fighters and could have easily got the decision against Sonnen. Those two are pretty good but a rung below the top 4-5 of the division. Munoz is similar to Bisping in that he can beat most fighters at MW but generally gets demolished by the elite. After that the talent level drops away quite rapidly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back