AFL Club
Fremantle
Goddammit.
10003927_831742736838011_7523158751431674676_n.png

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeh, would love Gus v Cormier in December for #1 contender (and frankly think its the fairest way to determine who gets the fight) but the UFC damages one of its contenders by doing so cause whoever loses is off the list for a while.

Gus has a point but you cant pull Cormier now, he deserves the fight as much as Gus and of the three he is the only one who didn't get injured.

Jones v DC asap (early next year)
Winner v Gus after that (mid-late next year hopefully)

Unless Gus wants a tune up in the meantime then i say Gus v Johnson for the next shot?

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I can see this inevitably turning into a no.1 contender fight if DC responds with something equally demanding. Although people are concerned that one of them would then be shown as mortal and defeatable - I see it as yet another good stepping stone for all comers to build on.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Me and a mate spoke about this on the weekend. I don't think it will happen for at least another year. The UFC is good at letting the big fights sell themselves. I can see JJ getting a few injuries and then DC having his surgery. I cant see this happening anytime soon. I hope it does, the fight is huge but at the same time.....

Me and a mate spoke about this on the weekend. I don't think it will happen for at least another year. The UFC is good at letting the big fights sell themselves. I can see JJ getting a few injuries and then DC having his surgery. I cant see this happening anytime soon. I hope it does, the fight is huge but at the same time.....
Last thing I want to see a 40yo DC fighting Jones.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
I hope that Cowboy lights Green up. Green acted like a dick to Cowboy on twitter after the fight was announced. I look forward to seeing a cowboy hat and a few bottles of Budweiser on stage for the post match press conference.

This is probably why:

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/bobby-...-ufc-178-after-the-two-exchanged-words-online

“This is when I first came into the UFC. I felt like I was getting picked on. (Donald) Cerrone is the same way. Cerrone was picking on me at the UFC Fan Expo, like I was a little nobody, and here in his big world. He was doing a bunch of stuff. Fight words, bro. And this is my first expo, so I didn’t want to make waves. I just ate the bullet, put it in my pocket. But when the time is right, and if I come into the spotlight and get the opportunity, I’ll pull it back out of my pocket.”

Personally, I hope Green beats Cerrone. While I love watching Donald fight, I don't think he has what it takes to beat the top 5 in the division... he either dominates guys he's better than or shuts down when fighting a guy better than him. Green on the other hand proved he could beat a top 5 guy against Thompson and would provides a fresh challenge to pretty much everyone at the top of the 155lb tree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 12, 2008
Rehab
AFL Club
Essendon
This is probably why:

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/bobby-...-ufc-178-after-the-two-exchanged-words-online

“This is when I first came into the UFC. I felt like I was getting picked on. (Donald) Cerrone is the same way. Cerrone was picking on me at the UFC Fan Expo, like I was a little nobody, and here in his big world. He was doing a bunch of stuff. Fight words, bro. And this is my first expo, so I didn’t want to make waves. I just ate the bullet, put it in my pocket. But when the time is right, and if I come into the spotlight and get the opportunity, I’ll pull it back out of my pocket.”

Personally, I hope Green beats Cerrone. While I love watching Donald fight, I don't think he has what it takes to beat the top 5 in the division... he either dominates guys he's better than or shuts down when fighting a guy better than him. Green on the other hand proved he could beat a top 5 guy against Thompson and would provides a fresh challenge to pretty much everyone at the top of the 155lb tree.

Awww poor Green :( How many stories do we hear of young guys getting upset because they ask a UFC ranked fighter for some attention. Name another industry where this wouldn't be the norm. I still hope that Cowboy lights Green up.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Awww poor Green :( How many stories do we hear of young guys getting upset because they ask a UFC ranked fighter for some attention. Name another industry where this wouldn't be the norm. I still hope that Cowboy lights Green up.

The last one I can remember is Cerrone being upset Nate shrugged him off. Donald was then a dick to Nate in the lead up to that fight... seems hyocritical that he would be effected by the exact same situation

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
He did, but he alse said straight after his win over Thompson that he finally had a chance to grieve for his brother. I was surprised that he jumped straight back in to be honest with that still hanging over his head. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets Nurmagomedov in his comback fight from injury instead.

Mar 12, 2008
Rehab
AFL Club
Essendon
Bump.

We probably should have been using this thread for our discussion. I can't believe that a card can lose Jones vs DC as the main event and still be stacked.

Predictions. (some far fetched)

• Dustin to get clipped coming in and McGregor finishing the fight, or McGregor being taken down and submitted. I don't see a decision.
  • Kennedy to win the fight but in a boring fashion. It was remarkable to see him control Bisping like he did, but if plays it safe tomorrow he could turn it into a snooze fest. That being said, I think that he should do that to get the win.
  • Cowboy to make a statement. Donald has history of getting into big fights and choking, for want of a better word. Eddie is a tough guy, but the 2 years without fighting, combined with his first fight in the UFC gives the edge to Cerrone.
  • Cat to win in the first round. Cry. Then be told that she has the next shot at the title either in the octagon or at the post fight presser.
  • DJ to finish in the first round and then be told that he is fighting again on the new years card.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
My predictions
McGregor to get clipped then submitted in the 1st.
Romero not content to allow Kennedy lay on him, turns the tables for a split decision win. Boring match.
Cowboy also stuns Alvarez before taking his back and locking the RNC.
Cat to win via decision.
Don't really care about the main event, no disrespect to DJ (sorry!)
Cruz to get his mojo back and light up Mizugaki
The wonderboy lights up Cote and scores the TKO win.
Howard to pick up the uneventful UD win against the hairow-less Brian Ebersole. :(

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
DJ to overwhelm Cariaso with speed and pick up a TKO in the 3rd or 4th.

Alvarez to make to look easy against Cowboy and win a wide decision.

McGregor to look a level above and stop Porier with strikes in the first.

Romero to use his offensive wrestling to grind out a decision.

Zingano to overcome some bad early moments to take a close decision.

Cruz to shut out Mizugaki, looking surprisingly good in the process.

Masvidal to submit Krause in the second.

Cote to wrestlef*ck Thompson to a decision.

Ebersole to grind out a dull decision over Howard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back