MMA-UFC UFC 181 - 6th Dec - J.Hendricks vs R.Lawler ( WW Title)

Do we see a new champion or two at UFC 181

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
ufc-181-poster-dc-comics.jpg

UFC 181 COUNTDOWN

Main Card

Welterweight Championship Bout - (C) - Johnny Hendricks vs (#1) Robbie Lawler
Lightweight Championship Bout- (C) - Anthony Pettis vs (#1) Gilbert Melendez

Heavyweight Bout - (#3) - Travis Browne vs Brendan Schaub
Heavyweight Bout - Todd Duffee vs Anthony Hamilton
Lightweight Bout - Tony Ferguson vs Abel Trujillo

Preliminary Card

Bantamweight Bout - (#3) Urijah Faber vs (#11) Francisco Rivera
Middleweight Bout - Eddie Gordan vs Josh Sammon
Light Heavyweight Bout - Corey Anderson vs Jonathon Wilson
Womens Bantamweight Bout - Ashlee Evans-Smith vs (#14) Raquel Pennington

Fight Pass Card

Bantamweight Bout - Sergio Pettis vs Matt Hobar
Featherweight Bout - Alex White vs Clay Collard

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will try and keep this updated to any changes...

Last edited:

This is an awesome card and I love the poster included in the OP. Voted for 0 titles to change hands. Hendricks being legitimately hurt last time around and still finding a way to win makes me lean towards him (I'll be rooting hard for Robbie though) and I've got a feeling that Pettis is going to destroy Melendez.

This is an awesome card and I love the poster included in the OP. Voted for 0 titles to change hands. Hendricks being legitimately hurt last time around and still finding a way to win makes me lean towards him (I'll be rooting hard for Robbie though) and I've got a feeling that Pettis is going to destroy Melendez.
What was the injury again? Hand?

And yes I too see Pettis a demolition.

Love watching Gil fight, all UFC fighters are tough of course but he is especially, he might be outmatched here though. And good to see Big Rig back in there too, would be tipping him

Will be interesting to see how both champs are coming back off some pretty bad injuries. Pettis' camp going through a bit of a sh*tstorm at the moment can't be making it easy for him either.

Might have missed this, what happened?

One of Roufusports kickboxers died not long ago and now a number of former members of the team have come out and criticised the way the team is run. Google Dennis Munson Jr if you're interested, pretty messed up if what the ex members of the team are saying.

One of Roufusports kickboxers died not long ago and now a number of former members of the team have come out and criticised the way the team is run. Google Dennis Munson Jr if you're interested, pretty messed up if what the ex members of the team are saying.

What a shocking tale that one is ******* hell. Weight cutting is more dangerous than the actual fighting imo, sounds like this and the combination of a few other things at the amateur level caused the issues for this bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to the return of Todd Duffee who is coming back from a 2 year lay-off due to injury. Hopefully he can shake off the ring rust to get a quick finish over this Anthony Hamilton chap. He has the talent to be a top 10 fighter at the very least.

Still think 1 title will change hands. Im just watching the UFC countdown and I always worry about fighters coming back after a lay off due to injury. Both Champions have experienced that coming into this fight.

****THERE IS NO INJURIES TO DATE****:p

Just updated the OP, If you weren't already hyped for this fight enough I added the first Hendricks vs Lawler 1 and both Countdown episodes for the two title fights.

Weigh ins are on in about an hour to make everything official :D

Melendez seems focused on the job at hand. Lawler seems like a man on a mission and that scares me.

Back