UFC 193 - Fight Week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Pity I missed this.
Not really a fight fan of any type but remember as a little kid watching Leo Spinks beat Ali which was massive at the time. The next fight I remember was actually the big screen Rocky film number two...lol
This Ronda Rousey, whomever she is sure has a profile massive for her sport. I only seen her on some footy show with idiot Richo. The little I knew she was supposed to be unbeatable but I hear she got beat today. The would have be awesome to see. Over 50,000 people is a huge turnout. Maybe all this going around promoting the event lost her eye of the Tiger...lol
Will there be a re-match ?

Yes and no. Arrogance and poor sportsmanship does not sit well with most Australians (see Mundine).
Talking smack and hyping fights is one thing (still not the Australian way), but the comments at/post the weigh-in and then the touch gloves garbage is just being a bad sport. Add in all the hype about the "greatest female athlete of all time" and of course people are happy to see her get knocked over. And Holly seems to be completely humble and decent so it's nice to see such a person succeed. Ronda is a pioneer in the sport, but maybe today will teach her some humility and perspective? If she's a true champion, she'll come back stronger from this. More time in the gym, less time on Twitter and Instagram talking trash for Rousey.

Again it's posts like these that make me wonder if people get the concept of marketing.

If Ronda was a plain vanilla personality I doubt the UFC comes out here or at the very least does not put on a stadium show, it would probably be in a bit of a lull at the moment, and all that s**t you say like movies/social media etc is getting mainstream exposure for the UFC along with the lack of time she has for training etc. Again people like you don't factor in the positive stuff outside the 'gon she has done.

While she was exposed for her lack of all round skill yesterday (that's all on her) she is still an Olympic medalist in judo so she is not some two bit thug off the street turned mixed martial artist, she has shown she has the aptitude and discipline in sport to succeed. She is guilty is complacency due to the lack of talent in the division and rightly got shown up.

All the meme stuff is fine but some of the comments regarding her ability are a bit off the mark and again symptomatic of the tall poppy syndrome this country itself can never live up to.

'Australian Way' spare me. Biggest pile of horseshit I've ever heard. Lot of people like yesterday complain when they see something technical correct with Struve and Rosholt they boo, but when an absorbing contest with Joanna and Val was on, the drunkards started a Mexican wave.

I love him despite a few things he's done haven't been impressed with, but I reckon you think Hodge is a right w***er?

Again it's posts like these that make me wonder if people get the concept of marketing.

Chael Sonnen is marketing, people know this and that's why they laugh at his ravings and acknowledge his ability to sell anything.
Then you have someone like Anthony Mundine (who like Ronda) talks smack because they actually believe what they say.
That's the difference and that's why people delight in Ronda getting smoked.

Comments about her ability are off the mark? Is her boxing weak? Yes. Is her footwork poor? Yes. Does she have a plan B? No.
As I said, she's a pioneer in the sport and to be commended, but she's nowhere near the finished article and GOAT female athlete she thinks she is. Wonder if the Cubs will now win a World Series? :)

giphy.gif

That was a really strange one - I need to rewatch that again too, cos it really looked like Hunt only grazed him there. I wouldn't believe for a moment that someone would take a dive in the UFC, but there were people sitting behind me who weren't so confident.

I thought he clipped him on the temple to be honest, you do see those knockouts occasionally from a glancing blow. Bigfoot seems to have completely lost his ability to take a punch it seems.

Was it a dream? Nope that bitch got knocked the * out! WOOOOOOOO!

Glad people are finally seeing her as the bitch she has always been.

Was it a dream? Nope that bitch got knocked the **** out! WOOOOOOOO!

Glad people are finally seeing her as the bitch she has always been.

I think everyone knew she was a bitch, her behaviour before and after the second Miesha fight confirmed that. It just makes her look stupid now she's had a devastating loss, especially given Holly seems like a pretty nice person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will admit, I am not the biggest UFC fan and I do not know much about the sport.
I went yesterday as my missus is huge in to the sport.
WOW what a fantastic day. The UFC sure know how to put on a show.

Everything about yesterday was EPIC! The Crowd, The Noise, The Music, The Fights (maybe except the skyscraper lol) and the Main Event certainly did not disappoint. I found myself on the edge of my seat the whole fight, and when Holm landed that kick I went nuts like 90% of the crowd.

I am now on board the UFC train and can't wait for UFC-194 and to see my missus fave Mcgregor go at it.

some of my photos from yesterday,
IAJ8428.jpg

9Hz39eG.jpg

5dYFQ7z.jpg

No she was swinging wildly at her from the get go, same as bethe. There's plenty of different ways to approach going for a takedown that don't involve trying to knock out your opponent first.
What do you suggest then? Closing the distance without throwing strikes? That would be even more disastrous.

I really don't understand this idea that Rousey tried to strike with Holm. She tried to close the distance and take Holm down basically the entire fight. She wasn't very successful because she didn't close the distance well and I think it's her striking coach that deserves a lot of the blame. Holm's footwork was great and she defended brilliantly in the clinch as well. Holm also has great coaches helping her out.

Ronda Rousey has that selfish bad ass persona similar to Brock Lesnar. People only jumped on board cause she didn't care about anyone and kicked everyones ass. That is until you get your ass kick everyone will point out that she deserved it.

Brock was nowhere near as bad as her though. Brock is my favourite athlete of all time where I absolutely despise Ronda. She is a campaigner that doesn't know where to draw the line.

Brock was nowhere near as bad as her though. Brock is my favourite athlete of all time where I absolutely despise Ronda. She is a campaigner that doesn't know where to draw the line.

Brock's behaviour after UFC 100 was pretty bad though, you don't really need to get in the face of someone after you beat the s**t out of them. I don't think Ronda is that bad to be honest, I'm still a fan of hers.

Whilst I don't like it happening after fights (thats where respect should be shown) that was after a very intense build up and a legit rivalry. Ronda does it every fight. Look at the s**t she pulled at the weigh ins to one of the most humble people I have ever seen. I have no doubt if Ronda won yesterday she would have gotten in Holly's face too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back