MMA-UFC UFC 194 McGregor v Aldo

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah she won a lot of fans but for someone marketed as an up and coming star Reebok deal and all she showed she's a long way from the top contenders

True and she's very rough around the edges but for a young lass, she's got a lot of promise, tough as guts and if she works hard on her technical game - she's going places.

I've got a lot wrong over these last 3 cards, but I was right about Maia/Nelson. I didn't think it would be that one-sided though. I was really confident Maia would win. Then I read posts on here and became far less confident.

I may never do pick ems on MMA again! 1/5 on the poll on this page :$

He's not so little now. :eek:

2C38523300000578-0-image-m-19_1442088886513.jpg
*en hell !!!!!!!!!

Haha

Nah don't worry. MMA fights are very hard to predict. There are so many variables to consider.

Oh yeah, I'm well aware - I've been watching this s**t casually since PRIDE.

I just never publicly announce my picks on a forum and try to make it sound like I know what I'm talking about :(

Aldo lost the mind games? He got caught with the first punch. I really don't see how McGregor's mind games has anything to do with it. Maybe you can change my mind?
The mind games caused him to attack recklessly like that. Given McGregors length, movement and striking ability it's crazy that Aldo didn't attempt to soften him up with leg kicks first.

Ohhhh Jose...

Why on earth would you pay no respect to a Southpaws power hand and sway towards it on the first exchange...Mind blowing...!
:(

The frustrating thing for me in all honesty, is not seeing the two styles get much airtime against each other...

Conor is a different beast and I didnt click until after the Poirier fight that his calm stalking style is fairly revoultionary... He reacts to cues in the other fighters movement and has laser beam power as soon as they react or alter their balance to move... Kinda like counter fighting but he is already pre predicting their intentions.

Aldo blew it mentally before he got in the ring I feel today and is going to have to deconstruct his own style to beat McGregor...

Go MMA :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Last edited:
He always does that. I find it hard to believe that you didn't know that.

Have a bad memory, probably never made note of it before because I've never really tried to gauge his mental state before a fight before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time for someone to get a new job

http://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/ho...o/news-story/8ccf58c5273434c2c6311cdb713fe289

The answer was met with boos, as the crowd and Rogan took issue with Aldo’s apparent claim that it “was not really a fight”.

Rogan responded: “It was certainly a fight, it was just a fight that happened and ended very quickly.”

It would have been fair comment from Rogan, except for the fact the translator completely screwed up Aldo’s answer.

This is what Aldo actually said: “He threw a jab on my chest, I was already expecting that. When I went to attack him he hit me with a good cross and there is where he got me. I believe that after this fight we have to go for a rematch, it is not done yet. He got me with a good shot and was able to finish the fight.”

I got 0/3 on my Jacare/Weidman/Aldo multi! :$ Amazing finish obviously and good on Conor, the real turnup was the beating Rockhold put on Weidman, that was brutal and something I sure didn't predict.
He sure did. I like both fighters, but I was surprised at how well Rockhold did on the ground.

That spinning back kick...it reminded me of the Chael spinning back fist vs Silva. Both fighters had no business trying such moves and it ultimately lead to their demise.

It had the fluidity and grace of a t-rex.

He sure did. I like both fighters, but I was surprised at how well Rockhold did on the ground.

That spinning back kick...it reminded me of the Chael spinning back fist vs Silva. Both fighters had no business trying such moves and it ultimately lead to their demise.

It had the fluidity and grace of a t-rex.

Yeah I don't know much about the mechanics of those kicks, but when thrown well they usually have the time facing away down to an absolute minimum. Weidman's looked a bit clumsy, maybe he was tired or something, he would have had to have practised it otherwise he wouldn't have thrown it I spose.

I managed to basically mystic mac the Ronda fight but then got this card all wrong, this is why you gotta love mma. Some random musings on the card

- very unAldo like start, swung like a gate with his chin sticking out, that aint how the man usually fights, can only speculate but it seems like the moment got to him.
- they said Conor didnt have that "highlight reel ko"... He does now.
- theories abound that Dana and Lorenzo were pissed Conor won the fight because he is getting bigger than the sport? Dont know about that but damn the man is a monster and deserves every dollar he earns.
- Rockhold is a beast but wtf was Weidman doing throwing spinning kicks. That aint his game and it probably cost him that fight (saying probably cause i think he was losing anyway but cant be sure)
- Id pay to watch Rockhold beat the piss out of Belfort again, but mw is wide open right now with a stack of fighters close to a shot
- Maia, wow, wont doubt him again. Cant be far off a title shot now.
- I had it 29-28 Souza or maybe 28-28 at a pinch, Romero becoming a heel through little fault of his own, also has the funniest voice in mma, probably all of sport.
- Holloway is damn good.

I've got a lot wrong over these last 3 cards, but I was right about Maia/Nelson. I didn't think it would be that one-sided though. I was really confident Maia would win. Then I read posts on here and became far less confident.

Really surprised that the majority on here picked Nelson. Maia has taken everyone down at WW. Nelson couldn't stop him from taking him down and then he got completely outclassed on the mat.

I love seeing Maia dominate the hell out of fighters. He put more of a beating on Nelson than he has on others in the past too. Terrific performance. Has only lost twice since dropping to WW. One was a very close decision to Shields and one was to MacDonald. That submission win over Magny looks even better now that Magny has rebounded from that loss.

Maia/Nelson was too. So that's the final 4 all being picked wrong. I went 3-1, so can't blame me. :p
Maia beating Nelson cost me a $1000 off $10 in a multi.. and before the fight it was the only fight I wanted to change.

I managed to basically mystic mac the Ronda fight but then got this card all wrong, this is why you gotta love mma. Some random musings on the card

- very unAldo like start, swung like a gate with his chin sticking out, that aint how the man usually fights, can only speculate but it seems like the moment got to him.
- they said Conor didnt have that "highlight reel ko"... He does now.
- theories abound that Dana and Lorenzo were pissed Conor won the fight because he is getting bigger than the sport? Dont know about that but damn the man is a monster and deserves every dollar he earns.
- Rockhold is a beast but wtf was Weidman doing throwing spinning kicks. That aint his game and it probably cost him that fight (saying probably cause i think he was losing anyway but cant be sure)
- Id pay to watch Rockhold beat the piss out of Belfort again, but mw is wide open right now with a stack of fighters close to a shot
- Maia, wow, wont doubt him again. Cant be far off a title shot now.
- I had it 29-28 Souza or maybe 28-28 at a pinch, Romero becoming a heel through little fault of his own, also has the funniest voice in mma, probably all of sport.
- Holloway is damn good.
-Reports of a 100 million dollar contract may not be far off...with incentives of course. Anderson reportedly signed a 10-fight 70 million dollar fight (I think he'd be getting a very small piece of that given how that's worked out). I could see 7 million per fight plus a cut of the merch/PPV if he continually meets certain quotas. As you said he has definitely earned it with the amount he puts in. I'd be pissed if Aldo got the same cut of the PPV given how much media he put in to the event.

-Belfort calling out Rockhold was funny. He has no business getting in there with him post TRT. If you survive his 1-min flurry I think it's an easy win. I likr Weidman vs Jacare and Rockhold vs Yoel. Yoel was exposed yesterday. Hopefully Weidman bounces back and is stronger for the loss because those 2 could have a very exciting trilogy.

-Maia eh. He's a bloody leach. He shouldn't get a title shot because of a 4 fight win streak against 4 fighters that were not in the top 10 (magny is now). I'd like to see him against Woodley (could be a good way for Maia to sneak into a title shot given that Woodley has been promised). I don't think he beats Lawler, Condit, Hendricks, Woodley, or Rory. Gastelum or Brown would be interesting.

-Agree on Yoel's voice. Pip-squeak...although I wouldn't say it to his face. That fence grab won him the fight.

-Holloway is good. If Conor take Frankie, I'd like to see Aldo vs Max. If not I'd like to see him against Lamas/Mendes just to see how he goes against better competition. He's on a Matt Brown type run...not sure how he'd do against a better opponent.

in Dan Hardys unibet breakdown he said Aldo's camp/team (wasn't going to attempt spelling it) go extreamly hard in sparring.

maybe all these wars in the gym have caught up with Aldo's chin? he obviously came in too aggressive but we have seen him take some good shots over his career. Mendez dropped him but he got straight back up.

mcgregor hit him with a fairly short hook and even tho Aldo was lunging in, he was out before he hit the ground.

also Big brown was alluding to the fact that the new drug testing could cause Aldo problems, maybe he knows something we don't.

only one way to know and that's if he bounces back well.

The UFC releasing locker room footage of Aldo after the fight. This is what annoys me about the UFC these days.

The UFC releasing locker room footage of Aldo after the fight. This is what annoys me about the UFC these days.
Very poor form. If you are going to do that surely just do small parts of the winners locker room. For example McGregor's group toasting their fine arse whiskey with Lorenzo

I look forward to seeing PVZ and Tate's locker room footage in the future

Back