MMA-UFC UFC 194 McGregor v Aldo

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Brian Callen shouldn't have been there, but other than that it was interesting. The implication of steriod use was pretty clear, they continued the "Brazillians are on drugs" theme that was first started by Chael P.
Rogans take on aldo dodging tests was pretty damning

Haven't listened to the podcast so if any of this is incorrect then feel free to correct me.

From what I've read, this happened. Aldo looked almost exactly the same in this fight as he has in his recent UFC fights. Rogan thinks he looked way different. Schaub apparently brought up Weidman and Rogan scoffed at the thought that he's off of PEDs now. Weidman looked smaller than usual and definitely looked more different than Aldo did. But no, Aldo's off of steroids and Weidman's not? Okay then Joe.

All the Brazilian PED users have made it so unfair on all the clean American fighters basically since UFC 1. If Anderson Silva didn't take PEDs his whole damn life, then maybe the ultra clean, straight edge Chael Sonnen would have won those fights. Sonnen could have been the best MW of all time if not for Anderson Silva's constant cheating. I think he should be awarded a MW title retroactively and all of Anderson Silva's accomplishments can be given to Sonnen. Most MW title defences is now held by the undefeated, undisputed MW champion, Chael P Sonnen.

I didnt notice the change in Aldo's appearance...didnt have the time....was to busy pucking my jaw from off the good after 13 seconds!

My 2 cents...peds or no peds...he looked the same to me.

Weidman on the other hand?

I was being a complete dick in my last post here. If anyone wants to argue with me over that post then realise that and whatever.

Aldo before all of his other UFC fights (Side note: every opponent must have been in Aldo's head. What's up with that looking down s**t? Weird :rolleyes:):

Here's a comparison of him in some of his fights, including the McGregor fight:

Does he look much different?

I didnt notice the change in Aldo's appearance...didnt have the time....was to busy pucking my jaw from off the good after 13 seconds!

My 2 cents...peds or no peds...he looked the same to me.

Weidman on the other hand?
Yeah that's the thing. I haven't listened to it, but I've read that Rogan scoffed at suggestions Weidman is off of PEDs now. If part of your reasoning behind Aldo being off of them is that he looked way different, then how do you not question Weidman. Makes no sense to me.

Months ago Schaub used Barao as an example of fighters looking bad after increased drug testing. So he based that solely on Barao looking terrible against Dillashaw in their 2nd fight. He looked just as terrible the first time and didn't look great against Gagnon either (both before USADA).

And this is what he said about Aldo:
you're batshit crazy if you don't think Jose Aldo's body looked different. You're batshit crazy if you think he's gonna fight the same. [...] His camp, I think, is 1-7, 0-8 since this drug testing came out. So you're talking about a different fighter man.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/12/...haub-imply-jose-aldo-has-used-peds-aldos-body

His point about Barao is nonsensical. Aldo didn't look much different. Tell me why I should care what this man has to say? If I wanted to be as illogical as he is, I could say that him not fighting since USADA joined up with the UFC is very suspicious. Seems like he realised he couldn't keep fighting without PEDs. :rolleyes:

Also, the IV ban means fighters might come in lighter than they had in the past. This could explain Weidman's size difference and any difference people think they're seeing in Aldo. McGregor was lighter than usual leading into the fight too, right?

I don't know why Schaub has done so well with his podcasts. He's uninteresting to me and what I know him best from is getting knocked out multiple times and not engaging in a BJJ contest. So well done to him for it then, because I really don't get it.

I listened to Rogan's podcast a few times years ago, but didn't enjoy it much. He's opinionated and doesn't shy away from any topics, but I don't think he's as smart as he likes to think he is.

Schaub speaks as if he's taken a few too many shots to the head in his time... Funny that. He has opinions which are similar to many MMA fans from a general PoV but he has a hard time conveying them in the articulate manner required for them not to just be blown off as rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schaub and Rogan talk way too much. They can talk for 5 mins or more before they let the guest talk. They have moments that I enjoy but I pick and choose one of their podcasts, it's at a rate of about 3 per year for Rogan and .3 per year for Schaub. That means that I've attempted to listen to Schaub's podcast 3 times.

Months ago Schaub used Barao as an example of fighters looking bad after increased drug testing. So he based that solely on Barao looking terrible against Dillashaw in their 2nd fight. He looked just as terrible the first time and didn't look great against Gagnon either (both before USADA).

And this is what he said about Aldo:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/12/...haub-imply-jose-aldo-has-used-peds-aldos-body

His point about Barao is nonsensical. Aldo didn't look much different. Tell me why I should care what this man has to say? If I wanted to be as illogical as he is, I could say that him not fighting since USADA joined up with the UFC is very suspicious. Seems like he realised he couldn't keep fighting without PEDs. :rolleyes:

Also, the IV ban means fighters might come in lighter than they had in the past. This could explain Weidman's size difference and any difference people think they're seeing in Aldo. McGregor was lighter than usual leading into the fight too, right?

I don't know why Schaub has done so well with his podcasts. He's uninteresting to me and what I know him best from is getting knocked out multiple times and not engaging in a BJJ contest. So well done to him for it then, because I really don't get it.

I listened to Rogan's podcast a few times years ago, but didn't enjoy it much. He's opinionated and doesn't shy away from any topics, but I don't think he's as smart as he likes to think he is.
Can't stand both podcasts, every time I've tried to listen to them I turn them off after not too long.

Both guys come off as high and mighty know it alls and that their opinion is gospel.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Back